Meet your new favorite sandwich – the Grilled California Turkey Club Sandwich! All things amazing!
I am so excited to be sharing this delicious sandwich with you today! The Grilled California Turkey Club sandwich is a staple in our house because it’s the perfect go-to weeknight meal and everyone loves it! Turkey, bacon, cheese, avocado and a special twist on the spread – yummy! I made these sandwiches last night in celebration of National Bread Month. What better way to use up leftover turkey AND celebrate National Bread Month than with a delicious sandwich like this??
I pack up sandwiches several times a week for my husband and Reece for lunch. Reece loves anything with Swiss cheese on it. Ham, pastrami, turkey, you name it! When I pack Reece a lunch that includes a sandwich I feel great knowing that he will ACTUALLY eat his lunch 🙂 My husband will eat almost anything but his favorite is pastrami on sourdough. He loves his sandwiches toasted so I often wrap up his sandwiches in foil so he can toast them in the toaster oven at work. Aren’t I sweet???
- 12 oz turkey sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices of bacon baked
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1 avocado large
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- tomato slices optional
- lettuce optional
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of a piece of bread and place it butter-side down on the skillet.
- Add a slice of cheese and then layer bacon and turkey.
- Top with another slice of bread that has been generously buttered.
- Flip the sandwich when lightly browned.
- Grill opposite side until nicely browned and remove from skillet.
- Meanwhile, mix together 1 ripe avocado and 2 Tbls of sour cream. I use about ¼ of an avocado per sandwich.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the piece of bread that does not have melted cheese.
- Layer on lettuce and tomato if desired. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious recipes? Make sure to check out Celebrity Chef Bryan Voltaggio’s recipe creations. For more information, check out the National Bread Month fact sheet and press release where you can find out about the benefits of whole and enriched grains.
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.