Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites are sure to be the hit of your party!
This extra delicious appetizer is creamy, cheesy, spicy, bite-sized and did I mention loaded with bacon??
Today I’m sharing an appetizer that is perfect for every occasion, Easy Bacon Jalapeño Popper Bites. Jalapeño Poppers have always been one of my favorite appetizers – particularly for parties. Friends and family go crazy for that creamy-spicy combo that leaves everyone wanting more.
I love to add bacon to my poppers. I think it adds a ton of flavor and some crunch to this perfectly delicious appetizer. Magical things happen when you combine cream cheese, fresh jalapeños, cheese, green onions, and bacon.
The Super Bowl is a big deal in my family. And it’s all about the food, trust me. My husband starts asking about the menu in early December, adding as we go through the holidays and January. We have a few recipes that always make the cut like this Pepperoni Pizza Football Cheese Ball and these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites, but we always leave room in the menu to try some new recipes out on our friends and family. I just know that these Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites are going to be a huge hit.
Over the years I have come to realize that entertaining isn’t about putting out the fanciest, time-consuming spread imaginable. It’s about spending quality time with friends and family, creating memories, and, of course, eating amazing food.
I love quick and easy recipes all year long and that’s one of the reason I’m completely in love with these Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites. Easy entertaining at it’s best.
The filling can be made in advance, if you’d like, just keep refrigerated until you’re ready. Then all you have to do is spoon it into the chips and you’re ready to go. I love that you can make as many you want at a time, and then pop into the kitchen to prepare another batch when you need to.
I hope you add this easy recipe to your entertaining menu soon!
Tips for Making Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites
- Make the filling ahead of time. The cream cheese mixture can be made up to 2 days in advance. Just keep refrigerated.
- These Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites are really kid-friendly! My kids love them and I just keep the heat down but removing the seeds and membranes from the jalapeños. Essentially, remove anything white from the jalapeño.
- Want more spice? Feel free to adjust the level of heat by adding or removing a jalapeño from the recipe or by keeping the seeds and membranes intact when dicing.
- Don’t over bake! You really just want the cheese to melt on top of each bite and you’ll know they’re ready when the filling is bubbling slightly. Takes about 8 minutes in my oven.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels
- Crockpot Cocktail Meatballs
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cranberry Pecan Mini Goat Cheese Balls
- Best Ever Charcuterie Board
How To Make Jalapeño Popper Bites
Easy Jalapeño Popper Bites
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (light cream cheese is okay)
- 3 to 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced (use less or more depending on preference)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 48 tortilla scoops chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, green onions, jalapeños, bacon, pepper jack and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Spoon a rounded teaspoon of the filling into scoop chips.
- Top with additional bacon and cheese if desired.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.