This easy Dill Pickle Dip is creamy and smooth with amazing pickle flavor – the perfect appetizer for your next party! Serve this easy pickle dip recipe with your choice of dippers for a delicious appetizer everyone will love. Perfect for parties, game day and more!
Love easy appetizers? Try these Air Fryer Pickles, Stuffed Mushrooms, Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels and this gorgeous Charcuterie Board!
Appetizers are where it’s at. Whether you’re planning a menu for game day, birthday party or even the holidays, appetizers are what most people look forward to the most. Dips are a must make and we like to do a mix of both hot and cold for parties.
This easy Pickle Dip recipe can be whipped up in minutes and uses ingredients you likely have in your fridge. We’re using pickles as well as relish to really get amazing pickle flavor in every bite. The dill pickle dip is creamy and smooth with a tangy taste. The diced pickles add a nice texture to the dip as well as lots of flavor.
Most people like to dip with salty chips but pretzels, crackers and veggies are a good option too.
Why You’ll Love This Dip
Kids love it, adults love it and I love it because it’s so easy to make! It uses ingredients I keep on hand and takes just minutes to prep and assemble. If you’re a fan of easy, delicious appetizers like I am then you’re not going to want to miss this recipe!
- Quick and easy to assemble. This dip take hardly any time to assemble and it’s ready to enjoy immediately. You can even assemble the dip ahead of time and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Let the dish stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving so it has a chance to soften.
- Fantastic flavor. This recipe delivers the amazing briny, tangy flavors of a dill pickle in a fun dip package – it’s the best!
- Great for parties. This easy pickle dip is perfect for parties and game day celebrations. This recipe can easily be double or tripled for a crowd – just use a larger bowl!
- A hit with kids and adults. I’m frequently entertaining for families which means that I need appetizers that work for all generations. This dill pickle dip is so delicious that it appeals to all ages.
This easy dill pickle dip is one of our favorite game day menu items. Here are some more of our favorite appetizers to serve at parties:
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Veggie Crescent Bites
- Spicy Ranch Pretzels
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Jalapeño Popper Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites
- Spicy Ranch Crackers
Pickle Dip Recipe Ingredients
This Dill Pickle Dip is perfect for any party or get-together! It is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need:
- cream cheese – you’ll want to make sure your cream cheese is fully softened so it combines with the other ingredients easily. I do recommend full fat cream cheese.
- sour cream – or plain greek yogurt or even mayonnaise will work in this recipe. It’s an optional ingredient but does add some nice flavor and makes for a softer, smoother dip.
- pickle juice – straight from the pickle jar!
- dill pickles – I love dill pickles but sweet pickles can be used as well. Dice them nice and finely for this pickle dip recipe.
- sweet relish – the relish blends with the cream cheese and sour cream to nicely distribute the pickle flavor.
- dried dill – emphasizes the dill flavor from the pickles and rounds out the flavor.
- garlic – I use one clove but if you’re a garlic lover, you can use more.
- salt and black pepper – for seasoning.
Serve this Dill Pickle Dip recipe with crackers, pretzels, chips or vegetables. I love to provide an assortment of dippers for this tasty dip.
How To Make Dill Pickle Dip
- Beat the cream cheese until you have a smooth and creamy texture.
- Mix in the sour cream, if using, until fully combined.
- Add in the pickle juice, diced dill pickle, sweet relish, dried dill, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sit out at room temperature to soften the dip if needed.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, chips or veggies!
Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for about 2 to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing this dip because of the dairy.
Pickle Dip FAQs
Yes, you can make this dill pickle dip recipe ahead of time. Just mix all the ingredients and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for about 2-3 days.
I don’t recommend it. Freezing dairy can be tricky and the texture will not be ideal.
This easy dip recipe is great with crackers, chips, pretzels and veggies. You can also use it as a spread for sandwiches or wraps!
Sure! Swap in vegan cream cheese for a tasty vegan dip.
Trish’s Tips and Tricks
This recipe is delicious and easy but check out my favorite tips and tricks for more information for the best results:
- The cream cheese should be softened so that it’s easy to mix. You can leave it out on the counter for a bit or microwave it for 20 to 30 seconds on medium power. Use room temperature cream cheese that is in block from, not a tub, for the best results.
- For the pickle juice, simply use the pickle juice from the dill pickle jar.
- Feel free to make this dip in advance and pull it out about 30 minutes prior to eating. The cream cheese will need to soften again in order for it to be a dippable consistency.
- For a smoother dip, you can use an immersion blender or food processor to blend the ingredients together.
- Add in some chopped green onions for a bit of color and flavor.
- For a spicier dip, add in some diced jalapeños or hot sauce.
- Consider adding other herbs and spices like parsley, chives, or onion powder.
- For a cheesier dill pickle dip, add in half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
More Appetizers You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Deviled Eggs
- Pico de Gallo
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Charcuterie Board
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Teriyaki Bites
- Cranberry Pecan Mini Goat Cheese Balls
How To Make Dill Pickle Dip
Dill Pickle Dip
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream optional for a creamier dip
- 4 tablespoons pickle juice
- ¼ cup diced dill pickle
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until you have a smooth and creamy texture. Mix in the sour cream here if using.m
- Add in the pickle juice, diced dill pickle, sweet relish, dried dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Sit out at room temperature to soften if needed. Serve with your favorite crackers, chips or veggies!
Leave a Reply