Fabulously sweet and perfectly spicy, Chipotle Honey Barbeque Chicken is great any night of the week!
Summer is still going strong and the grill is ON! I love listening to the boys playing in the backyard, squirting water guns, building sand castles in the sandbox, and giggling up a storm while I get dinner going on the grill. It really just doesn’t get any better.
My boys are pretty easy to please when it comes to food but one thing that is always a hit is BBQ chicken. I usually go the drumstick route since they’ve got that handy-dandy built-in handle 🙂 On special nights, I really like to amp up the flavor with this incredible Chipotle Honey Barbecue Sauce. I make the sauce the night before so the flavors really have time to develop. Smoky, sweet, and spicy – this sauce has it all!
This sauce deserves the very best chicken and so does my family! NatureRaised Farms® brand chicken is an excellent choice for high-quality and naturally delicious chicken dishes. I am absolutely smitten with all of the many products that NatureRaised Foods offers. When you buy NatureRaised Farms® chicken products you know that you’re getting the best. All-natural chicken – no antibiotics, hormones, or steroids – and 100% vegetarian diets for the chickens. I love what an authentic and well-balanced choice this chicken is for my family.
Chicken from NatureRaised Foods meets strict standards and you can taste it in every bite. Because the chicken is minimally-processed, it maintains the highest quality and flavor for a great-tasting meal no matter what you’re whipping up. You can find NatureRaised Farms® chicken products in the fresh and frozen sections of your store.
I love the feeling I get when I’m feeding my family the VERY best and you simply can’t get better than NatureRaised Farms® brand chicken. And of course excellent chicken deserves delicious side dishes too! Barbecue chicken always tastes so much better with a Mojito Fruit Salad. I love to take advantage of all the sweet, fresh flavors available at my local farmer’s market during the summer months. All those bright colors just seem to make it taste even better!
And to complete the meal how about some fabulously easy no-knead Cheddar Rolls? These rolls are super delicious and any leftovers are perfect for sandwiches the next day!
Depending on your family’s preferences, you can tone down the spiciness of this recipe by reducing the amount of chipotle peppers you add to the sauce. One pepper is more mild where three peppers makes it nice and spicy!
Chipotle Honey Barbecue Chicken
- 10 NatureRaised Farms Chicken Drumsticks
- salt and pepper
Chipotle Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 to 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce depending on how spicy you want it
- 28 oz diced tomatoes 1 can
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Chipotle Honey Barbecue Sauce
- Sweat the onions in butter until soft and translucent in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer for 60-75 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Puree with an immersion blender or let cool and puree in a food processor.
- Sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 30 days.
- Preheat grill or barbecue.
- Dry chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken on grill over low heat until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Brush with sauce, cook for a minute, turn chicken.
- Repeat 2-3 more times.
- Remove chicken from grill and serve.
Does your family have a favorite chicken recipe? If you haven’t tried it with NatureRaised Farms® brand chicken, give it a try – I think you’ll be amazed at the difference in quality and taste!
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.
Thank you NatureRaised Foods and Technorati for being sponsors of this article. All opinions expressed here are my own.