Because we can… Cherry Coke Fudge! A decadent cherry fudge topped with a Coca-Cola chocolate frosting! This irresistible fudge is sure to be a hit this holiday season!
The holiday season is upon us and before we know it, it’ll come to an end. With two young boys that are rapidly growing up, every single holiday season is so important to me. I try to relish each and every moment, capture as many pictures as possible, and enjoy the time I have with them when Christmas is just so magical.
One of the ways we enjoy the holidays is by making treats together. We don’t eat them all ourselves, of course not! Half the fun is handing them out to friends and family so they can enjoy them too.
Today I’m sharing this Cherry Coke Fudge in honor of one of my dear friends who inspires me each and every day. Let me tell you about Ann. She’s the hardest working person I know. She’s a mom, a nurse, a friend, a daughter, a wife, and so much more. Her schedule is NUTS. Nuts I tell you! I’ll see her in the morning and she’ll have just got off her hospital shift a few hours before and amazingly, shockingly, manages to have a smile on her face and a kind word for me. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention she’s hilarious.
She’s always there to listen to me complain about the little things and to offer support. She lets me bounce recipe ideas off of her and is somewhat of a genius in coming up with recipes for me to share with you all. She makes it to her daughter’s swim meets in spite of only getting a few hours of sleep the night before.
She takes care of her mom who just had back surgery and drives an hour to work each way. She does it ALL… and somehow manages not to make me feel like the laziest person alive. You guys, she does all this… with a smile.
There’s a lot more I could say but I’m sure I’ve embarrassed her enough with just this. She’s my hero, and she deserves the very best. I have a special treat for Ann this week and I know she’s going to love it.
You guys. I am IN LOVE with these personalized Coca-Cola bottles! I ordered THREE separate times because I kept thinking of names and different words I wanted on the bottles. I ordered one for everyone in my family and I’m going to put the bottles in our Christmas stockings this year – so fun!
Oh, yes I did….
Got a six pack of these babies sitting on my desk right now. Loving it!
Have you heard of Coca-Cola’s #ShareaCoke program? This holiday season, Coca-Cola wants to shine the spotlight on those who make this time of year extra special for the people around them. People like my friend Ann. You can order special personalized #ShareaCoke glass bottles for loved ones this holiday season using this special discount code (Holiday40) just for my readers on ShareaCoke.com!
Make the season extra special and personalized with these fun Coca-Cola bottles!
There’s more! Share the story of an “unsung hero” in your life in the comments below for a chance to win a #ShareaCoke prize from Coca-Cola. I want to hear about who makes your holiday season brighter!
I’m giving away:
• One (1) six-pack of personalized “Share a Coke” glass bottles on ShareaCoke.com
• A $100 Visa gift card to use towards a gift or celebration for your unsung hero
So exciting right? Almost as exciting as this Cherry Coke Fudge! I used cherry gelatin and maraschino cherries to pack a serious cherry flavor. I topped it all with m favorite Coca-Cola frosting – it’s SO GOOD. Like, don’t “taste test” it too much or you’ll never stop :)
The great thing about this recipe is it’s made in a 9×13 baking dish so you’re going to have a TON of fudge! Great for sharing with friends and family this holiday season!
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp cherry gelatin (Jell-O)
- 1 12 oz bag white baking chips
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp cherry or vanilla extract
- 1 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp Coca-Cola
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the cherries into quarters. Pat with a paper towel over and over again to remove as much moisture as possible. Continuing patting with a paper towel until there isn't any more moisture. Set aside.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and heavy cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once at a full boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add cherry gelatin and stir continuously, boiling for another 2 to 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in white baking chips. (I use a whisk to get out all the lumps.)
- Stir in marshmallow creme and cherry or vanilla extract.
- Fold in dry maraschino cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Place powdered sugar in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, unsweetened cocoa, and Coca-Cola over medium heat.
- Bring just to a boil and pour over powdered sugar. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and continue whisking or stirring to combine.
- Immediately pour over chilled fudge. Use an Chill for 20 minutes or until frosting has set.
- Cut into small pieces and serve.
More fudge recipes!
For all fudge recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: Coca-Cola has provided me with the products used within this project. I was compensated for this blog post. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!
*The prize was provided by The Coca-Cola Company. The Coca-Cola Company is not a sponsor, administrator or connected in any other way with this campaign.