Fabulously gooey and outrageously delicious, these Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Turtle Brownies are going to rock your world! Hot fudge sauce, caramel, pecans, and gooey brownies come together for one irresistible dessert!
I love a good slow cooker recipe – especially when it’s dessert! I’m pretty sure I have an addiction to slow cookers. I bought two more in the past week and I’ve used them both several times. There’s just something about the convenience of slow cookers that appeals to me. Whether it’s dinner or dessert, everything tastes better in a slow cooker.
Speaking of dessert, whatcha think about these brownies? I almost called these Death By Chocolate Slow Cooker Brownies and the name would have been apt. My friend Hayley over at The Domestic Rebel recently came out with a cookbook called Out of the Box Desserts. It’s genius. Basically, every recipe is semi-homemade and simply fabulous. I, for one, LOVE a good shortcut.
There are only about 70 bajillion recipes that I want to try from this book but, due to my slow cooker addiction and this lovely fall weather, I headed straight for these slow cooker brownies. The brownies couldn’t be easier to make and because I’m a sucker for turtles, I added caramel and pecans to her Hot Fudge Slow Cooker Brownies to make them even more irresisitble.
The pecans rise to the top while cooking and then when you scoop the brownies out, the center is absolutely gooey and wonderful and it’s nearly impossible to resist topping the entire scoop with some vanilla ice cream.
Resistance has never been a strong suit of mine. Caramel sauce, hot fudge sauce, pecans – dress it up how you want it!
Now that I’ve knocked out the brownies I’ve got Pumpkin Spice Mini Cheesecakes, Cheesecake Brownie Bombs, and Mocha Brownie Tiramisu on my to-do list for this next week…or two :)
After you buy your copy of this cookbook, pick up a few more for friends! This book would make an excellent gift!
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup oil or applesauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 11 oz package caramel bits
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup hot water
- 1 12 oz jar hot fudge sauce
- Spray a large 6 qt slow cooker with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, chocolate chips, oil, water, and eggs. Stir or whisk together until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, add the caramel bits and heavy cream. Microwave in 30 second intervals on high heat, stirring in between, until caramel is completely melted. Stir in pecans.
- Pour caramel mixture over the top of the brownie mixture and use a spatula or a knife to swirl the caramel mixture in.
- In a small bowl, whisk the hot fudge sauce and hot water together until smooth.
- Pour over the top of the caramel mixture.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 3.5 hours or until the edges of the brownies are set. The center will be gooey!
- Serve with ice cream and caramel or hot fudge sauce...or all three.
Love brownies? Try some of my favorites!
For all fudge recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.