Perfect for game day celebrations or a fun, kid-friendly dinner, these Pepperoni Pizza Twists are guaranteed to become a new family favorite! Easy, cheesy, awesomeness!
We take football seriously around here and what we’re eating on game day even more so. My husband is usually talking about the game day menu a good two weeks in advance just to make sure we have everything we need on hand. Reece and Bryce are slowly becoming equally fanatical about sports as Chris is and it’s fun that we can all sit and watch the games together.
Bryce likes to root for whichever team is winning and Reece has narrowed his favorite football teams down to three: 49ers, Seahawks, and the Panthers. The 49ers because that’s Chris’s team, the Seahawks because we went to Seattle this past summer and toured their stadium, and the Panthers because that’s one of his favorite animals. Simple, right?
I’m sure some of this will change during the season and that’s totally okay. I told the boys that this is probably the only time in their life where it’s okay to cheer for more than one team ;)
So, in honor of opening day, I’m bringing you game day food that has everything you could ask for – tastes like pizza, can be made in advance, is hand-held, and is totally dippable. I win.
I am so excited to share this easy and delicious recipe with you guys today! These Pepperoni Pizza Twists are great for an easy and fun dinner, impressive appetizer, or game day eats. These twists are fun for kids and adults alike and can be served with ranch and marinara – the perfect dipping companion.
I made these twists a lot like these Easy Pizza Sticks – but better. I added pepperoni and more cheese, folded the dough over and then cut it into strips. A quick twist and an even quicker trip to the oven and we’re ready to roll!
Easy, cheesy, awesomeness.
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese (use more if you'd like!)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz pepperoni
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle on a lightly floured large cutting board.
- Combine the garlic powder, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Sprinkle about half of the seasoning blend onto the dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on one half of the dough and top it with the pepperoni. If you are using mini pepperoni, you can leave it whole. If you're using full-size pepperoni, you'll want to cut them into quarters.
- Fold the side of the dough without the pepperoni on it over to the other side, covering the filing.
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut the dough into thin strips. You'll get about 12 strips out of one pound of dough. Twist the strips a few times and press down on the ends to keep them closed.
- Brush the tops of the twists with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- Place the twists on a parchment-lined baking sheet, seasoned side down.
- Brush the other side of the twists with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning blend again.
- Bake for 8 to10 minutes or until twists are golden brown.
- Serve with marinara or ranch dressing.
More appetizers you need for game day!
Connect with me!