This BLT Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap has all the makings to become your new go-to recipe! Chicken, bacon, Caesar dressing, and tomato are wrapped up in an easy-to-make meal that is perfect for a light dinner or lunch.
Summer is coming to a close and I hope you have all had the BEST summer ever. I have to say ours has been pretty spectacular so far. We leave for Seattle this Friday and I can’t wait!
Today I want to talk about road trips. You guys know I love ’em. Most of our road trips end at one magical destination…Disneyland.
Whether you’re traveling 2 hours or 20, you need food. Whether it’s a simple snack or you need to pack several meals, it’s gotta happen. There is something about watching the miles fly by that brings on the munchies.
I say eat healthy when you can and that’s where these wraps come in. I first made these wraps for the Champs swim meet last month. I just made Chicken Caesar Salad wraps and they were a HUGE hit. So it got me thinking how can I make these even better??
Bacon. Duh. And tomato. And these glorious wraps were born.
There is so much going on when you are packing and planning for a road trip – the last thing you want to worry about is food. I’m all for making things easy, or, at least, EASIER. I turned to PERDUE® Simply Smart Original Grilled Chicken Strips to make my wraps quick and easy and totally delicious.
I trust PERDUE® chicken. I know their chickens are always fed a 100% vegetarian diet, including locally sourced corn and soybeans, and marigolds AND they never use added hormones or steroids. That works for me.
Pair the wraps with some fresh fruit kabobs and snackable veggies. I used some carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes and green beans. If you use fruits like apples and bananas that will brown, just toss them in lemon juice before skewering.
A few quick tips about road trip food.
1. Use takeout containers to pack the food. Toss them at your next rest stop and keep the car clutter-free.
2. I’m a big fan of kabobs. My kids love them, but skewers can be particularly dangerous in a car. Paper straws work for some things but cocktail stirrers are even better. Skewer on some fresh fruit and your kids will be in heaven.
3. Make sure your food is hand-held, portable, and most of all, something your family will actually eat. There is nothing worse than taking the time to pack up food and then listen to your kids complain. #trustmeonthis
I hung out with Perdue on Facebook last week talking about road trips, recipes and more – go check it out!
Perdue wants to help you have a Yummer Summer! Click here for savings, recipes and to enter the Yummer Summer Sweepstakes where you could win a sensational PERDUE® Yummer Summer Backyard Makeover valued at $10,000! Enter between May 15 and August 10.
Perdue is also giving away twelve weekly Yummer Summer Bash Packages this summer! Each package includes amazing prizes that help you make the most of your summer. The winners will be announced each week on Perdue’s Facebook page. Enter today and be sure to follow Perdue on Facebook to find out who has won!
Love chicken as much as I do? I’ve been pinning some of my favorite recipes on this Yummer Summer Pinterest board so come on over and check them out!
- 1 18 oz package PERDUE® Simply Smart Original Grilled Chicken Strips
- ½ cup refrigerated Caesar dressing
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 wraps
- Cook the chicken according to the package instructions. Let cool.
- Toss chicken with Caesar dressing. Set aside.
- Place one leaf of Romaine lettuce on top of each wrap.
- Top with Caesar chicken, bacon, and tomatoes.
- Wrap tightly.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
If you like chicken recipes make sure to check out my new book 100 Creative Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken in Everyday Meals. I love using rotisserie chicken to create meals that my family will love. You’ll find casseroles, bakes, comfort food, soups, sandwiches and more!
More road trip ready eats:
For all chicken recipes, go HERE.
For all dinner recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: I was provided product and compensation for this post by PERDUE®. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!