With just FIVE ingredients, these Key Lime Snowball Cookies are easy to make and even easier to eat! No one can eat just one!
Pardon me while I continue my key lime kick…I seriously just can’t get enough!
If you love key lime desserts as much as me, stop for just a moment and go check out the BEST Key Lime Pie recipe on the planet. I kid you not. It is so amazing you guys! Just read the reviews…
And if you think a whole pie sounds daunting (it’s not, just try it!), you could always make up a batch of Irresistible Key Lime Pie Bars. If you’ve had a chance to make them, I know you’ll agree – they are TRULY irresistible. And pretty. Crap. Now I need to make another batch.
Well, I had about half of the limes left in the bag and I was craving more key lime baked goods so I made these outrageously easy snowball cookies. #winningatlife Snowball cookies are seriously soooo easy and the kids just love them.
You need five ingredients to make these cookies: flour, cornstarch (secret ingredient), butter, powdered sugar, and key limes (both the juice and the zest). FIVE.
I was juicing and zesting away and totally forgot to save a few key limes for the photo shoot. Aaargh! So off I went to the store to pick up some more…couldn’t find any. I asked the produce department guy what the deal was and he tells me, get this, that they’re currently out and that it’s an “off week” for key limes and to come back next week.
So those are just plain ole limes you see in the pictures and guess what? The whole recipe could be made with regular limes as well if you can’t score any key limes at your local grocery store. You can also buy key lime juice (works perfectly) and just use the zest of limes. Either way – make these cookies. STAT.
Seriously, no one can eat just one. These cookies create one heck of a mess when you’re eating them but boy are they worth it! I just send the boys outside 😉
Just don’t wear black and attempt to eat these cookies, er, so I’ve heard anyways.
Key Lime Snowball Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp key lime juice
- 3 tbsp key lime zest
- plus more powdered sugar for dusting
- Whisk together the flour and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in key lime juice and zest.
- Mix in flour mixture just until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop out cookie dough (about 1.5 tablespoons) and form into a ball.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 17-19 minutes or just until tops begin to turn golden.
- Remove and promptly sift powdered sugar over the top of the cookies. Lots of powdered sugar. Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheets. Do not move them until they have cooled.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
More key lime AND lime goodness:
For all cookie recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.