Reese’s Muddy Buddies are taken to the next level in this amazingly delicious and easy recipe! Reese’s all the things! Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips, Reese’s Minis, and Reese’s Miniatures are all perfectly happy sharing space in this powdered sugar coated wonder land known as Muddy Buddies.
A few weeks ago I was talking to Dorothy and Hayley and those girls were shocked, SHOCKED I tell you that I didn’t have a Reese’s Muddy Buddies recipe on my blog. This is how deep of a Reese’s obsession I have. People expect all things Reese’s on my blog all…the…time… Today I’m going to remedy that unacceptable situation and share a doozy.
This isn’t your everyday muddy buddies recipe. I put every kind of Reese’s that I could get my hands on into this recipe and the results speak for themselves. What? You want to hear more? Gotcha.
So let’s start from the beginning. I combined a box of Chocolate Chex cereal (you can use whatever variety you like) with some salted, roasted peanuts. Cause, you know, muddy buddies could use a little crunch, salt and more peanut flavor. You’ll love me for this. Next, I melted a package of CandiQuik with a full cup of Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips.
Once melted, I tossed the chocolate-peanut butter mixture with the Chex cereal and peanuts until nice and coated. Then I added an entire bag of Reese’s Minis to the bowl and coated the entire thing with powdered sugar. (Gallon size ziploc bags do the trick.)
Once the chocolate coating has fully set up, it’s time to sprinkle on liberal amounts of Reese’s Pieces. And I mean liberal amounts. Do it for the color, it makes people happy.
But we can’t stop there. Now it’s time to add some halved Reese’s Miniatures to the mix.
And then because I have absolutely zero self control, I added in the rest of the bag of the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips, some more peanuts, and then called it good.
Word to the wise. Have friends over when you make this. You don’t want to be responsible for eating the entire batch, which, could totally happen.
- 1 12.8 oz box Chocolate flavored Chex cereal (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup roasted, lightly salted peanuts
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 16 oz chocolate CandiQuik
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
- 1 8 oz bag Reese's Minis
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 20 Reese's Miniatures, halved
- Additional peanuts, peanut butter chips, and Reese's as needed.
- Combine Chex cereal and peanuts in a very large bowl and set aside.
- Divide powdered sugar into two large, gallon size ziploc bags and set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet or surface with parchment paper.
- Break up CandiQuik and sprinkle with peanut butter chips. Melt according to CandQuik's package instructions.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate - peanut butter mixture over the top of the Chex and peanuts and toss gently to combine. Make sure it is well coated.
- Gently fold in the Reese's Minis.
- Transfer half of the chocolate-coated cereal mixture into one bag with powdered sugar and half int the remaining bag.
- Close each bag tightly and gently shake until the mixture is fully coated. Repeat with remaining bag.
- Spread the contents of both bags onto the parchment lined surface and let set up for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the Reese's Pieces, Reese's Miniatures, and additional peanuts, peanut butter chips, and Reese's Pieces if desired.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Looking for more muddy buddies recipe? Dorothy has rounded up 23 Marvelous Muddy Buddies Recipes just for you!
Craving Reese’s? I’ve got you covered:
For all Reese’s recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.