You’re just four ingredients away from these delicious Cherry Oatmeal Crumble Bars! So simple to make and so much better than cherry pie, these bars are sure to become a family favorite.
Crumble bars are one of my very favorite desserts to make. And to eat :) They are super simple and take just minutes to pull together. This particular recipe is a variation of one I have been making since I was about 8 years old. These bars were frequently requested by my siblings and there are so many reasons why.
First of all, these bars require four ingredients. FOUR! With 5 kids, my mom always kept the pantry well stocked and we could always find the ingredients needed. The crumble base and topping is made with yellow cake mix, butter, and oats. The filling is totally up to you!
We usually made Blackberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars growing up but would happily substitute in any flavor of jam or preserves we had on hand.
Awhile back I started thinking what other flavors would be good in these bars and cherry immediately jumped to mind. I used a can of cherry pie filling in place of the jam and oh.my.goodness! I may never make cherry pie again!
These bars are pure heaven warm OR cold. When you pull the baking dish out of the oven, wait just a few minutes and then scoop out a spoonful right from the corner – no one will EVER know :)
These bars would be great served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream but are amazing on their own. Reece and Bryce were instant fans. I don’t care to count how many they ate before I packaged them up with my husband to take to work.
Cherry Oatmeal Crumble Bars will definitely be making a frequent appearance (and quickly disappearing) in our home. I hope you give them a try!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan out of your favorite recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery Shopping List.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 2½ cups quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cups butter, melted
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix and oats in a large bowl.
- Add melted butter, stir until crumbly.
- Press down half the crumbs onto the bottom of the pan.
- Carefully spread cherry pie filling over the crumb crust.
- Spread remaining crumbs over preserves and press down gently.
- Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until very lightly golden brown.
- Eat warm or cool, cut into bars, and serve.
More fantastic cherry recipes!
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.