Satisfy your chocolate and peanut butter cravings with these easy Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crunch Balls! This delicious candy is great for the holidays and cookie trays!
My Nana was my hero. She was such an incredible woman with more energy and spunk than I’ve ever had. She moved away from a home and community that she had been a part of for 40 years so she could be near our family. She wanted to be able to take care of me and my 4 siblings before and after school and it was one of the biggest blessings in my life.
Besides being a master sausage gravy maker (she believed in hearty breakfasts…every morning) she was also an adept candy maker. My Nana had a sweet tooth that would blow you away. Up until the day she passed away she had candy every day of her life. Hard candies were her favorite but she was also quite fond of peanut butter and chocolate. Yes, that’s where I get my passion from :)
These Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crunch Balls were a Christmas time favorite with her. But we didn’t just make them at Christmas – they are too good for that! We made them several times a year, whenever my Nana got a craving. Most days after school, I would walk to her house and after my after-school snack she would say,”What should we make today Trish?”
It was almost always up to me and these crunch balls were frequently requested. They were so fun to make and even though we did them by hand back then, they hardly took any time at all. My Nana loved that they didn’t require any baking which made them perfect for summer and the batch yields A LOT of candies so they were perfect for handing out at Christmas time.
Now I’ve got a mixer so there’s NO excuse not to make these candies. I’ve made the process even quicker by using chocolate candy coating instead of doing what my Nana used to do which was melt paraffin (oh yes) and chocolate together to coat the candies.
I caved and bought these dipping tools which has made my life infinitely easier and my candies that much prettier. A must-buy if you’re a candy maker!
You are going to go crazy for the outrageous peanut butter flavor and the crunch of the crispy rice cereal will have you reaching for “just one more” time and time again.
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 - 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 16 oz chocolate candy coating (CandiQuik)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped salted peanuts (optional)
- Combine peanut butter and butter together in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar, half a cup at a time until mixture is nice and smooth and you can easily form balls.
- Stir in crispy rice cereal.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes on a waxed paper lined baking sheet. (You can also freeze for 20 minutes.)
- Melt candy coating following melting directions on package.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate using a toothpick or dipping tools (I use these.)
- Transfer to wax paper and sprinkle chopped peanuts on top immediately.
- Let candy stand until the chocolate is firm.
- Store in an airtight container.
More peanut butter goodness!
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.