These Holiday Dipped Oreos make an inexpensive and festive gift for Christmas! Follow my easy how-to instructions and tips and you’ll be churning out gourmet chocolate dipped Oreos in no time!
We are less than a week away from Christmas! I am so SO close to being done with my Christmas shopping I can almost taste it! Thank you Amazon Prime – you save my life each and every year!
Thursday was the boys last day of school and after spending almost the entire week at the school helping in class, building 150 gingerbread houses, painting candy canes…I needed to make some treats for their holiday parties. I had zero energy and wasn’t feeling overly motivated. Running to Target seemed like an insurmountable obstacle at the time so off to my pantry…
Thank goodness I had the foresight to buy multiple package of Peppermint Oreos (those things are good in everything!) I grabbed a couple of half-empty Christmas sprinkles and a package of CandiQuik and sat down and got to work.
I realize that this is hardly considered a recipe…just barely. But I hope you can benefit from some of my tips for dipping Oreos. I have several 🙂
Tips and Tricks for the Best Dipped Oreos
One, always have all of your decorating supplies out before you start melting the chocolate or candy coating. You don’t want to miss the window of opportunity for completely bedazzling your dipped peppermint Oreos with all sorts of toppings.
Two, cover your work surface with parchment paper. I know that most people use waxed paper when dipping candies but I have always preferred parchment. It never ever sticks and it can be used over and over again.
When dipping candies, cookies, etc. you need the right tools. I use this tool set that I purchased on Amazon. The three pronged tool is ideal for dipping Oreos. I dip the Oreo in the candy coating first and then place on top of the tool. Next, use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cookie. You can’t put on too much. Gently tap the tool to shake off the excess. Take your time. You don’t want a puddle around your cookie later.
Finally, use the edge of the container that you are dipping from to wipe off the excess chocolate. Not only does this keep the chocolate from dripping all over the place and conserve chocolate – but it also results in a cleaner, more finished coating.
Now it’s time for the fun part – sprinkles!
I went a little bit crazy and the kids totally appreciated it. The oohs and aahs make the little extra effort worth it. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to use up leftover bits of sprinkles. I added mint M&M’s to the top as well as peppermint Hershey’s Kisses. They all stick perfectly onto the candy coating.
Pile high on a serving platter or package up as individual gifts. Either way – you will be adored. Promise.
More Fun Holiday Treats
- 30 Last Minute Christmas Treats
- The BEST Divinity Candy
- Practically Perfect Peppermint Fudge
- M&Ms Marshmallow Dream Bars
- Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Balls
How To Make Dipped Oreos
Holiday Dipped Peppermint Oreos - How To + Tips!
- 28.6 oz Peppermint Oreos 2 packages
- 16 oz candy coating CandiQuik, Ghiradelli's, etc.
- sprinkles candies, etc.
- Cover your work surface with parchment paper.
- Set out sprinkles, toppings, and candies.
- Melt the chocolate/candy coating according to package directions.
- Dip the bottom of each Oreo into the chocolate and place on pronged dipping tool.
- Use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate over the top of each Oreo.
- Gently tap the tool until all excess chocolate has dripped off.
- Scrape the bottom of the tool against the bowl before carefully placing Oreo on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on desired toppings. Let sit until chocolate has hardened.