Practically Perfect Pineapple Punch is totally refreshing on a hot summer day! Cocktail or punch – it’s your choice!
There is simply nothing more refreshing during the hot summer months than an ice cold, tasty beverage. When temperatures start to rise, I start dreaming of cold drinks that will help me through the hot summer days. I particularly like preparing beverages that can be made once and served to both kids and adults. Something a lot like this punch.
Practically Perfect Pineapple Punch.
I made up this refreshing treat for Reece’s birthday party this weekend. It was 107 degrees. Hot people. Very hot. I knew that we were going to need lots of drinks to keep everyone cool during the party and this punch fit the bill perfectly.
Sweet and cold and just so refreshing – it was the perfect punch to serve on a hot summer’s day.
Kids and adults alike were gulping this punch down – it’s just that good! I think the flavor is a little bit surprising and absolutely wonderful. The base of the tea is Dole pineapple juice and Mighty Leaf Tea. Basically, you make a lemon-flavored simple syrup, brew the tea, and add the pineapple juice. Mix it up, chill, and serve over ice.
Now if you are serving this to adults…rum. A shot of rum turns this fantastically refreshing punch into an out of this world cocktail that everyone will love. I know I did!
I used Mighty Leaf Vanilla Bean Tea for the punch but any fruit or mint flavored tea would work perfectly with this recipe. I love the Sunburst Green Tea as well as the Calypso Mango for this recipe – can’t go wrong with either of those! Mighty Leaf Tea wants to give one of you a prize pack that will have you making this fantastic punch up in a jiffy!
- 2 bags of tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 lemons, halved and juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 46 oz can Dole Pineapple Juice
- sliced lemons and fresh mint for garnish
- rum for cocktails if desired
- Brew tea according to package directions in boiling water.
- Place lemon halves (not juice), 3 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar in saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Continue simmering until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Discard lemon halves.
- Stir in vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Combine tea, lemon mixture, and pineapple juice in a large pitcher and chill.
- Serve over ice.
- For cocktails - add 1 oz of rum to each serving.
- Garnish with sliced lemons and fresh mint if desired.
More summer favorites!
For all drinks, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: I received product from Mighty Leaf Tea to facilitate this post. No compensation was received. All opinion are, as always, 100% my own.