This delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is quick and easy to make with just four simple ingredients. It’s the perfect breakfast or refreshing, healthy treat anytime of the day. This banana strawberry smoothie is sure to become a staple in your home!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is the perfect way to elevate your smoothie game! You’re going to love the combination of sweet and creamy flavors. The ripe banana provides a natural sweetness and creamy texture, while the Greek yogurt adds a tangy flavor and a boost of protein. The frozen strawberries give the smoothie it’s frosty texture and a burst of flavor. Your choice of juice or and milk helps to thin out the smoothie and achieve the perfect consistency.
The mouth watering taste of the strawberry banana smoothie can feel quite indulgent and it’s awesome to know just how good it is for you! Made with only four simple ingredients, it’s perfect for busy mornings or a refreshing pick-me-up anytime of the day. With this tasty flavor combination, this smoothie is sure to satisfy your taste buds as well as provide a pick-me-up to boost your energy throughout the day.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Not every morning can be a sausage gravy and biscuits morning (although I sometimes think my kids wish that were so). Smoothies are a delicious and nutritious easy meal that my boys enjoy morning, noon and night. They are perfect for recovery after a long two hour swim practice or a quick and easy way to start or end our day. This easy recipe is definitely one of our go-tos when we’re craving a healthy and delicious smoothie. Here’s why we love them so much:
- Simple to make. With just four ingredients and easy instructions, this recipe is a great option for busy families looking for snack and breakfast options.
- Super versatile and customizable. You can use different types of milk and juice and swap in different fruits to create unique and tasty smoothies. Enjoy as a refreshing breakfast, snack or even as a dessert.
- So delicious. The combination of ripe banana, Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries and juice or milk creates a sweet and creamy smoothie that’s perfect for any time of day.
We frequently add a scoop of protein powder to really amp up the protein value of these smoothies and provide additional nutritional value. Vanilla works best in this recipe.
I love adding in other berries to this easy smoothie recipe! A handful of blueberries, raspberries or blackberries adds depth of flavor and keeps this smoothie fun and interesting!Ingredients
This Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and creamy. Not only is it quick and easy to make, but it’s also packed with delicious flavor. Each ingredient in this recipe plays a specific role in creating a delicious and nutritious smoothie so let’s take a look at what they are. As always, the printable recipe card can be found at the end of this post:
- Bananas: Make sure the banana you choose is ripe and fresh. As long as the peel is yellow or mostly yellow, it will work great for this recipe. Avoid a banana with a green peel or mostly brown peel. Ripe bananas provide natural sweetness, creaminess and thickness to the smoothie. They provide that delicious, creamy texture that we all associate with a smoothie. They are also a good source of potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt adds a tangy flavor, creaminess and thickness to the smoothie. I like to use vanilla flavored Greek yogurt but strawberry, berry, even coconut are also delicious in this banana strawberry smoothie recipe. Greek yogurt is also a good source of protein, calcium as well as probiotics, which are beneficial for digestion.
- Frozen strawberries: Frozen strawberries provide a sweet and fruity flavor, and also contribute to the thickness of the smoothie. They are also a good source of vitamin C, manganese and folate.
- Juice or milk: Juice or milk is used to thin out the smoothie and make it more drinkable. It also provides added flavor. I used apple juice but consider one of these options: orange juice, pineapple juice or mango juice. If you’re opting for milk, it can be substituted with almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or any other type of milk of your choice.
How To Make Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This recipe can be doubled or tripled depending on the capacity of your blender.
- Cut the banana into large chunks and place in the blender.
- Top with Greek yogurt (use whatever flavor you like, vanilla is always a good choice.)
- Add the frozen strawberries and top with juice or milk of your choice.
- Blend everything together for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into glasses.
- Garnish with fresh banana slices and a strawberry if you like. Serve immediately.
It’s always a good idea to have a high quality blender on hand when making smoothies. A high-speed blender will make sure that all the ingredients are blended evenly and smooth, resulting in a creamy and delicious smoothie every time.
Smoothies don’t store too well because the frozen fruit will completely thaw which ends up turning the drink into more of a juice. This smoothie is best enjoyed immediately after blending. If you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. But for optimal taste and texture, it’s best to consume it immediately.
You can also freeze the smoothie for a couple of months, then put it back in the refrigerator to thaw.
Variations and Substitutions
- For a sweeter smoothie, you can use honey vanilla Greek yogurt instead of regular vanilla Greek yogurt.
- If you prefer a different type of juice or milk, feel free to experiment with apple juice, orange juice, or even almond milk.
- You can also add ice if you are using fresh strawberries.
- To increase the nutritional value of your smoothie, you can add some spinach or kale.
- For a thicker smoothie, use less juice or milk or add ice. For a thinner smoothie, add more liquid.
The options are really endless. Here are some ideas: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pineapple, mango, kiwi, melon and pears.
You sure can but you’ll need to add about one cup of ice to get the texture of the smoothie right.
I don’t recommend it. Enjoying the smoothie immediately after blending is optimal for the best taste and texture. However, leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Yes, feel free to experiment with different types of juice or milk, such as apple juice, orange juice, soy milk or almond milk. Keep in mind that using different types of milk or juice may affect the taste and texture of the smoothie, but feel free to experiment with different options to find the perfect combination for your taste.
Trish’s Tips and Tricks
- If you don’t have a fancy blender, put the fresh ingredients first followed by the frozen ingredients. This will help the blender to get started and make it easier to blend the ingredients together.
- If your blender comes with a smoothie cycle, I like to run it through the cycle twice to ensure extra creaminess.
- It’s always a good idea to have a good quality blender on hand when making smoothies. A high-speed blender will make sure that all the ingredients are blended evenly and smooth, resulting in a creamy and delicious smoothie every time. Additionally, if you are using frozen fruits, a high-speed blender will be able to blend them more easily and effectively than a regular blender. And if you’re looking to make a larger batch of the smoothie, you can easily double or triple the recipe.
- You can also mix different fruits to create unique flavors. Keep in mind that different fruits have different sweetness levels and texture, so you may need to adjust the amount of added sweeteners or liquids accordingly. It’s also a good idea to use frozen fruits to make the smoothie nice and cold and give smoothies the right consistency.
More Breakfast Favorites
How To Make A Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana ripe
- 1 cup Greek yogurt vanilla, plain, berry, coconut, etc.
- 1 ½ cups frozen strawberries add 1 cup of ice if using fresh strawberries
- 1 cup apple juice orange juice, or milk of your choice
- Cut the banana into large chunks and place in the blender. Top with Greek yogurt.1 banana, 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Add the frozen strawberries and juice or milk of your choice.1 ½ cups frozen strawberries, 1 cup apple juice
- Blend everything together for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into glasses and serve immediately.