Pretty Pastel Mint Patties are perfect for Easter and spring time! These mints take just minutes to make and the kiddos can help too!
Easter is just around the corner and so is our Spring break!! We leave this Sunday for a whirlwind trip to Southern California. First stop – Disneyland 🙂 We’re doing a couple of days at Disneyland, then it’s down to San Diego for three days where we’re going to Sea World, San Diego Zoo Safari Park and Legoland. The last day we’re going to Magic Mountain and then coming back the night before Easter.
They are just SO easy and SO fun and the boys just adore them. So do I. Seriously though, what’s not to love?
Since it’s Easter time, I decided to go with pastels for the mints. I went with mint flavoring for this batch but you all know I’m partial to lemon and these patties are excellent with lemon flavoring. You can’t go wrong either way.
I also loved doing the pastel colors because it requires so little in the way of food color. Always work with gel food colors if you can. The color is so much richer and you don’t need a whole lot to achieve the color you desire.
I’m packing these babies away and I’ll be able to pull them out Easter morning and look like a hero. Now if I could only magically get all those Easter eggs colored and dyed in the next 6 days I’d be golden 🙂
Pastel Mint Patties
- Combine butter and corn syrup together in a small bowl.
- Add 2 cups powdered sugar and your choice of extract and beat until well combined. Add extract 1/2 teaspoon at a time until the mixture reaches your desired flavor.
- Stir in an additional cup of powdered sugar.
- Turn bowl onto a cutting board sprinkled with last cup of powdered sugar.
- Knead the mixture until sugar is absorbed and is completely smooth.
- Divide dough into four portions.
- Tint one portion pink, one green, one blue and one yellow.
- Shape into 3/4 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Flatten gently with a fork.
- Let candies stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 day.
- Store in an airtight container.
More Easter fun:
For all Easter ideas, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.