As delicious as the classic but a whole lot easier! Your family will love this Inside Out Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe!
It’s amazingly easy to prepare and has all the wonderful flavors of the classic version of Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Perfect for busy weeknights or any night you’re anxious to cut down on the time in the kitchen and sit down to a hot, delicious meal!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan out of your favorite recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery Shopping List.
Inside Out Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 to 8 slices ham
- 4 to 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Cut the chicken breasts in half crosswise. If they are really large chicken breasts, cut again lengthwise. Combine the flour and paprika in a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and bouillon cube and stir until well combined. The butter should be bubbling slightly.
- Dredge the chicken strips in flour mixture and add to the pan. Saute for about 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned. Chicken can be sauteed in batches, just remove chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Once all chicken has been cooked, return to pan and pour wine over the chicken and place the lid on the pan. Let the chicken continue to cook for 4-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the lid and layer with ham first and then top with swiss cheese. Fold or tear the ham and cheese so that it fits over the chicken strips. Replace the lid and continue cooking until cheese is melted.
For the gravy:
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on plate. Tent with foil. Another option is to place chicken in a warm oven.
- Bring the contents of the pan to a simmer. Combine whipping cream and corn starch by whisking together and add to the pan. Continue whisking and bring gravy to a simmer. Serve over Chicken Cordon Bleu and mashed potatoes if you desire.
More chicken recipes we adore:
Connect with me!