Honey Glazed Carrots are the perfect sweet and savory side dish for any occasion. Carrots are tossed in a honey, butter and garlic mixture and roasted to perfection! Quick and easy to prepare, these delectable glazed carrots are sure to be a hit!
Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe
These Honey Glazed Carrots are the perfect side dish! Roasting the carrots brings out the sweetness in the carrots and the mouthwatering combination of honey, butter and garlic is the perfect way to elevate this humble side dish together in a way that makes it worthy of the holidays yet easy enough to add to your weeknight dinner menu.
Easy to make with just a handful of ingredients, these honey roasted carrots are both sweet and savory and so delicious they are sure to be a hit with friends and family. This simple side dish pairs well with almost everything and is so appealing with it’s mouthwatering honey butter glaze. Truly the best way to make and enjoy carrots!
Honey Roasted Carrots Ingredients
Only a handful of ingredients are needed in this honey glazed carrots recipe. Fresh carrots are coated in a delectable honey, butter and garlic glaze and for serving, a sprinkle of fresh parsley is all you need. As always, you can find the full printable recipe with complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post. Let’s take a look at what you’ll need…
- carrots – Carrots with their tops are extra fresh and delicious but baby carrots can be substituted in this recipe. The carrots can be peeled or left unpeeled if you prefer.
- unsalted butter – This is the base of the glaze. If you use salted butter, you’ll only need to add a pinch of salt.
- honey – The perfect complement to the natural sweetness of the carrots. You’ll need some for the glaze and a bit more for drizzling on the carrots after they’ve roasted.
- garlic – Finely minced garlic adds a lovely savory note to this somewhat sweet side dish and is a wonderful contrast to the sweetness of the honey and carrots.
- salt – Balances the sweetness and enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
- pepper – Brings out the natural flavors of the ingredients.
- fresh parsley – Finely chopped fresh parsley is a simple yet elegant finish to this humble side dish.
- honey – A quick drizzle of honey is the perfect way to add shine and added sweetness to the carrots.
Look for firm, bright orange carrots with smooth skin and fresh green tops for the best flavor. You want to avoid carrots with large cracks or a rubbery texture (these are generally older carrots and the flavor isn’t as good.)
How To Make Honey Roasted Carrots
Elevate your side dish game with this tasty combination of carrots, honey, butter and garlic. It’s so easy to make too!
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet or roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Peel the carrots and then trim the top and bottom of each carrot. Cut the carrots on the bias (at an angle) into large pieces. (Peeling the carrots is optional!)
- Make glaze. Add the butter, honey and minced garlic to a small skillet and heat until the butter has melted, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Roast. Place the carrots on the prepared baking sheet or in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the honey butter mixture on top of the carrots and toss the carrots until well coated. Roast, uncovered, in the oven for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender and starting to brown. (For extra browning, pop under the broiler for a few minutes.)
- Serve. Drizzle on a little more honey and top with the chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe can also be made on the stovetop. After making the glaze, add the carrots to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until tender. If you want to brown the carrots a bit, simply pop under the broiler.
Allow the carrots to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container. Carrots can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
To reheat, transfer carrots to a skillet or hot even and heat over for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Variations To Try
This honey glazed carrots recipe is perfect on it’s own but it’s a great recipe to customize to your liking. Here are a few easy variations on this recipe:
- Spice. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the honey butter mixture.
- Citrus. Add a couple teaspoons of orange or lemon juice to the honey butter mixture for a nice refreshing twist.
- Herbs. Add in some chopped dill, chives or thyme to add additional flavor to this recipe.
Honey Glazed Carrots FAQs
Absolutely! The baby carrots do tend to cook a bit faster so you’ll want to reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.
I think this dish is best straight from the oven but to save time, prep the carrots and make the honey butter mixture ahead of time and store in the fridge until you’r ready to assemble. The butter will need to be melted again so just pop it in the microwave on low heat until melted.
Trish’s Tips and Tricks
- Save time and don’t peel the carrots! Give them a good scrub and dry well before tossing in the honey butter mixture.
- Use baby carrots if you really want to cut down on the prep time. They will take a few minutes less to cook.
- Cut the carrots into evenly sized pieces to ensure they cook at the same rate.
- Use an oven safe skillet for easy clean up. No need to transfer to a baking sheet or dish!
- Pop the carrots under the broiler for more color.
More Easy Side Dishes
How To Make Honey Glazed Carrots
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey plus extra for drizzling
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley finely chopped to garnish
- honey to drizzle on top just before serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet or roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel the carrots and then trim the top and bottom of each carrot. Cut the carrots on the bias (at an angle) into large pieces.
- Add the butter, honey and minced garlic to a small skillet and heat until the butter has melted, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place the carrots on the prepared baking sheet or in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the honey butter mixture on top of the carrots and toss the carrots in the mixture until well coated.
- Roast in the oven uncovered for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender and starting to brown. (For extra browning, pop under the broiler for a few minutes.)
- To serve, drizzle on a little more honey and top with the chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!