This Easy Cherry Almond Crisp will be the star of the show no matter when you make it! Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a dessert that will have friends and family moaning with delight! This easy dessert is sure to quickly become a new favorite!
In the summer I’m constantly looking for any excuse to eat ice cream. It’s just too hot here in Sacramento to think about anything else! Today I’m sharing this Easy Cherry Almond Crisp that is fantastic on it’s own but is absolute heaven when enjoyed with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe is what all my favorite recipes are – easy and delicious. I cut corners and used store bought cherry pie filling but you could absolutely make your own if you’re into that sort of thing. Apple or blueberry filling would also be amazing.
The real star of this recipe is the crisp topping. I’m all about the topping in recipes like this. I like the proportion of the filling to the topping to be relatively equal for the perfect crisp and this one is spot on. If you’re thinking, I’m seriously ALL about the topping, you could even reduce the filling to just one can of pie filling, no problem at all.
The topping is extra crunchy due to the addition of sliced almonds. Cherry and almond go together so beautifully that the almonds were just a natural addition to my favorite crisp recipe. Oats, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and some sliced almonds for crunch. I use a pastry cutter to cut in cold butter and within a few minutes the topping is ready to be sprinkled on top of the filling. It’s just that easy.
This Easy Cherry Almond Crisp is best served warm with two scoops of vanilla ice cream. I like to sprinkle on some extra ground cinnamon on top of the ice cream – so pretty!
Cherry Almond Crisp
- 42 oz cherry pie filling 2 cans
- 1/2 cup oats quick oats are fine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 6 tbsp cold butter cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the pie filling into the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the butter.
- Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut the butter into the topping ingredients until only coarse crumbles remain.
- Sprinkle the topping over the cherry pie filling and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and, you guessed it, crisp.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream for optimal pleasure.
More summer recipes!
For all salad recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!