You’re going to love these Spiced Chocolate Crackle Cookies made with cinnamon for fantastic warmth and flavor!
The boys are a bit confused right now. I have been working on Christmas content for Nestle this past week and we are up to our eyeballs in Christmas candy right now. We’ve been making Christmas crafts and recipes left and right and here we are a couple days away from Halloween!
They keep asking when Christmas is and I’m trying to explain that we’re still a couple months away while I’ve got the fake trees out, lights, jingle bells, and all this other stuff just for props. My job is confusing :)
The crazy thing is we leave for a Disney cruise in 10 days and it’s going to be all decked out for Christmas so there will be no denying Christmas any longer once we get back. I might as well just accept it now and start decorating the house.
I guess that’s why I decided to make up these amazing Spiced Chocolate Crackle Cookies. Cinnamon doesn’t seem too far fetched here at home right now, not even in October.
I love what the cinnamon does to the classic crackle cookie. It adds such warmth and depth of flavor and it really makes you pause for a second and enjoy that subtle heat.
These cookies are best enjoyed with a glass of ice cold milk and don’t try to eat just one – they’re way too good for that!
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt 8 oz of the chocolate in the microwave by heating at 50% power and stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, corn starch, cocoa powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs on at a time and beat until well combined.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate to the mixer and continue beating until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for AT LEAST one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or just until cookies are slightly cracked on top. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
More cookies we LOVE!
Connect with me!