You’re going to go crazy for these Toffee Cookie Bars! Simple cookie bars topped with a decadent chocolate layer, almonds and toffee bits – just delicious!
This recipes comes to you via my sister, Melissa. She in turn got it from a coworker. How did I get my hot little hands on it? My bridal shower! Have you ever gone to a shower where they ask you to bring you favorite recipe for the bride? My shower was like that and let me tell you, I treasure those recipes!
There are so many good ones that I find myself turning to time and again.
Recipes like these easy Toffee Cookie Bars.
It’s hard not to fall in love with these bars at first glance. You can easily see those crunchy almonds and sweet toffee bits dotting the rich, chocolate layer below. All this sits upon a simple but delightful cookie crust.
This recipe is perfect for a crowd. The chocolate layer is so rich and decadent that small squares are really ideal. Feeling indulget? Cut them into the large bars that I’ve pictured.
You seriously can’t go wrong.
I really love the simplicity of this recipe and since it calls for ingredients that I always have on hand, it’s easy to to make when I’m in a pinch. The bars are so pretty and elegant even, that they are perfect for parties and get-togethers.
These would be great for bridal showers 🙂
Toffee Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips I used mini chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup Heath toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Gradually mix in flour.
- Press dough into baking dish and bake for 22-25 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of cookie and return to the oven for an additional 2 minutes.
- Use an offset spatula to spread chocolate chips in an even layer.
- Immediately sprinkle on almonds and toffee bits.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
More bars we love!
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.