These Strawberry Lime Gooey Bars will make the perfect spring or summer time treat! This quick and easy recipe starts with a cake mix and uses only SIX ingredients!
Love easy bar desserts? Make sure to try these Lemon Bars and 5 Minute Fantasy Bars!
Last week I totally caved and made gooey bars again. It had been several weeks since I made up the Key Lime Gooey Bars for the blogger party over at Dorothy’s and the kids were ready for some more. I seriously enjoyed the lime flavor but when I checked my pantry, I was all out of lime cake mix.
Total bummer cause these babies were goooood.
What I did have though was strawberry cake mix and these scrumptious Strawberry Lime White Chocolate Gooey Bars were born.
It must have been destiny.
I often forget about how much I love strawberry until I’m forced to have it. Then, of course, I realize how much I absolutely adore it! It’s like when I’m ordering a shake. I always, always get chocolate unless I get strawberry and then when I taste it I’m like ohmygosh, this is so much better than chocolate!
That’s pretty much how it was with these strawberry gooey bars.
I totally brightened up the flavor with with fresh lime juice and zest and added some yummy white chocolate chips into the mix for fun. I love how pretty and pink they are and just so fabulously ooey-gooey. Perfection!
More Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Mini Strawberry Pies
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Homemade Strawberry Topping
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
How To Make Strawberry Gooey Bars
Strawberry Lime Gooey Bars
- 15.25 ounces Strawberry Cake Mix 1 box
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick – softened
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- lime zest for top of bars – if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat butter with a mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add in cake mix,egg, lime juice and zest and continue beating until combined.
- Press about two-thirds of the cake mixture onto the bottom of the foil-lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the chocolate.
- Crumble the remaining cake mixture over the top of the sweetened condensed milk, trying to spread it out as much as possible. Press lightly.
- Bake for 29-32 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Let bars cool completely before cutting.
- Top with additional lime zest if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Marlene Blake says
Thanks for sharing the Strawberry cake mix recipe, I’d love to try it
Thank You Trish, it is spring like weather here in Seattle and I am going to make the bars for the Super Bowl.
they will be awesome.
Any thoughts on how this recipe would be using chocolate chips instead of white chocolate? Would the lime and chocolate mix does anyone think?!