These Strawberry Lime White Chocolate Gooey Bars will make the perfect spring or summer time treat!
Last week I totally caved and made gooey bars again. It had been several weeks since I made up the Key Lime Gooey Bars for the blogger party over at Dorothy’s and the kids were ready for some more. I seriously enjoyed the lime flavor but when I checked my pantry, I was all out of lime cake mix.
Total bummer cause these babies were goooood.
What I did have though was strawberry cake mix and these scrumptious Strawberry Lime White Chocolate Gooey Bars were born.
It must have been destiny.
I often forget about how much I love strawberry until I’m forced to have it. Then, of course, I realize how much I absolutely adore it! It’s like when I’m ordering a shake. I always, always get chocolate unless I get strawberry and then when I taste it I’m like ohmygosh, this is so much better than chocolate!
That’s pretty much how it was with these strawberry gooey bars.
I totally brightened up the flavor with with fresh lime juice and zest and added some yummy white chocolate chips into the mix for fun. I love how pretty and pink they are and just so fabulously ooey-gooey. Perfection!
- 1 15.25 oz box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- lime zest for top of bars, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat butter with a mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add in cake mix,egg, lime juice and zest and continue beating until combined.
- Press about two-thirds of the cake mixture onto the bottom of the foil-lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top.
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the chocolate.
- Crumble the remaining cake mixture over the top of the sweetened condensed milk, trying to spread it out as much as possible. Press lightly.
- Bake for 29-32 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Let bars cool completely before cutting.
- Top with additional lime zest if desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
More strawberry recipes to love!
For all strawberry recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.