Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and vanilla ice cream are sandwiched between two chocolate-dipped Eggo mini waffles for the ultimate ice cream sandwich!
Waffle Week continues here at Mom On Timeout! Today I’m bringing you my favorite candy, ice cream, chocolate and waffles all together in one delicious ice cream sandwich! When I was opening up the Minis last week it dawned on me that they were the same size as a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup – aha! Now all I needed was an excuse to bring them together 🙂 This ice cream sandwich does the trick nicely – don’t you think?
I dipped the Eggo Minis in chocolate (I used chocolate CandiQuik) and let them harden. ( I happen to know from personal experience that the chocolate-dipped waffles are quite the treat by themselves.)
I spread softened vanilla ice cream on a lined baking sheet and let it harden again before cutting out ice cream circles that would fit nicely on our sandwiches. You can totally skip this step and scoop that ice cream right on if you’d like! For some intense Reese’s flavor, try Breyer’s Reese’s Ice Cream – it’s kind of ridiculously good 😉
Reese’s Chocolate-Dipped Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich
- 8 Eggo Homestyle Minis waffles
- 4 oz Chocolate CandiQuik
- 4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 4 scoops Breyer's Vanilla or Reese's Ice Cream
- Prepare waffles according to packing instructions and let cool.
- Melt chocolate coating according to package instructions and dip waffles into melted chocolate. Set on wax paper to cool and harden.
- Spread softened ice cream on a lined baking sheet and place in freezer to firm up.
- Remove baking sheet and use a cookie cutter to cut out a circle that is the same size as the waffles and Reese's candy.
- Assemble the ice cream sandwiches and enjoy!
Who’s ready for summer? I’m looking forward to those hot summer evenings when you don’t even need an excuse to enjoy an ice cream sandwich like this 🙂
I was selected to be a Chief Waffle Officer by Kellogg’s which means I will be sharing seven Eggo waffle recipes in seven days. You don’t need to wait for my recipes though – head on over to Eggo’s Facebook page and enter the Great Eggo Waffle Off! contest with your own recipe creation!
Check out my other waffle creations:
Connect with me!
Disclosure: Kelloggs sponsored this post and provided me with products and compensation to develop this Eggo waffle recipe. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. #EggoWaffleOff