The perfect afternoon snack for dinosaur-loving kids! Waffles are turned into a “Wafflesaurus” – spikes and all!
Time to get our waffles on! Today I’m sharing a totally fun and EASY snack idea for the kiddos! My boys are BIG time dinosaur fans and so I thought it would be fun to make up a dinosaur-inspired waffle snack for them. You know, a Wafflesaurus! I used the new Granola Chocolate Chip Eggo waffles for the body and tail and let me tell you – these waffles don’t need syrup or anything – soooo good! Is it just me or is the Wafflesaurus on the bottom totally a girl?? Look at those eyes!
I used some of my boys’ favorite snacks to really make these wafflesauruses come to life. We used pineapple spikes and string cheese for legs. A Nilla Wafer face complete with chocolate chip eyes, peanut butter chip nose, and a cranberry smile. Tasty! Use some granola to create the ground for the wafflesaurus to stand on if you’d like.
I love coming up with creative snack ideas for the boys – they tend to eat every last bite when the food looks good to them 🙂
Wafflesaurus After School Snack
- 1 Eggo Granola Chocolate Chip Waffles
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 cheese sticks
- 4 chocolate chips
- 2 peanut butter chips
- 2 Nilla Wafers
- 2 dried cranberries
- Cut a waffle in half to create two Wafflesuarus bodies. Cut out small triangles from another waffle to create the tails.
- Cut a fresh pineapple into wedges and place along the curve of the waffle half creating spikes.
- Place a Nilla Wafer on one end for the head.
- Cut a cheese stick into quarters, creating four legs for two Wafflesauruses.
- Two chocolate chips for the eyes and one peanut butter chip for the nose.
- Cut a dried cranberry in half to create the mouth.
- Spread granola under the legs for the ground.
I was selected to be a Chief Waffle Officer by Kellogg’s which means I will be sharing seven Eggo waffle recipes here over the next seven days. You don’t need to wait for my recipes though – head on over to Eggo’s Facebook page and enter the Great Eggo Waffle Off! contest with your own recipe creation!
I’ve got five more recipes to go…what ingredient would you like to see me use this week?
Make sure to check out my other waffle creations :
Connect with me!
Disclosure: Kelloggs sponsored this post and provided me with products and compensation to develop this Eggo waffle recipe. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. #EggoWaffleOff