Soft and chewy Red Velvet White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies made with cake mix!
Woohoo! First Valentine’s Day post of the season! Who else is totally pumped to see all kinds of red, pink, and white desserts that TOTALLY give us an excuse to throw caution to the wind and indulge like crazy???
I kinda went crazy already in the baking aisle and bought like millions of boxes of red velvet cake mix…so, prepare yourself. Things are about to get very, very red around here 🙂
I love working with cake mix for red velvet recipes because I don’t have to work with red food coloring. I’m a little bit on the accident-prone side and I have some white, er pink tile grout to prove it 🙂
I started out making a pretty standard crinkle cookie but oh.my.gosh they looked so boring! Totally needed a little pop of color in the form of white chocolate chips and I love, LOVE how they turned out! The boys were thrilled to be eating red cookies. I have to admit, it is rather fun 🙂
These cookies are surprisingly soft and moist. The trick is to not over-bake the cookies. You want a soft and chewy cookie, not a hockey puck. I think it’s totally worth it to do a trial run with just a couple cookies to figure out the optimal baking time for your cookies. I always end up pulling the cookies out about a minute before I think they’re going to be done because they continue baking even after they’re out of the oven.
Just look at the top of the cookie below…You can see that the center is dark and moist. That’s what makes these cookies totally fabulous! It also helps that they’re super easy to make 🙂
I don’t know why I am so excited for Valentine’s Day this year but I am! I have so many fun recipes coming and I can’t way to share them with you all 🙂 What about you? Have you even started thinking about V-Day or does it seem way off in the future still?
Red Velvet White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 18.25 oz Red Velvet cake mix 1 box - I used Duncan Hines
- 6 tbsp butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Combine cake mix, butter, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and mix by hand until blended.
- Fold in white chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine powdered sugar and cornstarch. Mix with a fork.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Form 1 inch balls with cookie dough and roll in powdered sugar mixture.
- Place about two inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Do not overbake!
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Valentine’s Day goodness:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.