These time-saving, soft and chewy Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookies are made from a cake mix!
I am fully aware that I promised you more Red Velvet recipes and so today I bring you these Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookies. Last year after I made the Strawberry and White Chocolate Cookies it occurred to me that since this particular recipe calls for cream cheese, red velvet would be the perfect match.
I used a Red Velvet cake mix just like I did for the Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies and these cookies quickly became a new favorite at our house. The cookies are so tender, chewy, and moist – all must-haves for my family.
I am all about saving time and using cake mixes for cookies is one time-saver that I LOVE to use. I’m able to whip up a batch of cookies in a jiffy without sacrificing flavor and texture. Time has been at a premium as of late and so all short-cuts are being taken advantage of. Can anyone else relate? I swear I’m getting shorted on that whole 24 hours a day thing. I added Valentine’s Day M&Ms to the mix and pressed some onto the top of the cookie dough balls before baking. I just love all that red, white, and pink together!
Like everything red velvet, that deep, rich red is simply mesmerizing and just so much fun for Valentine’s Day!
Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookies
- 15.25 oz red velvet cake mix 1 box
- 8 tbsp butter 1 stick - melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz Neufchatel cheese light cream cheese - room temperature
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup M&Ms
- Combine, butter, egg, vanilla, and cream cheese in a bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add cake mix, half of the box at a time, mixing until well combined.
- Stir in chips and candies by hand.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour and then roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dough balls onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes - you don't want the cookies to brown at all! Set a timer.
- Let cookies cool on a baking sheet for several minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.
More red and pink sweets!
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.