You’re going to go crazy for these Easy Toffee Bars! Simply delicious cookie bars topped with milk chocolate and pecans! Just fantastic!
The boys and I are making up cookie trays today and despite all of the yummy treats on them, we needed just one more thing…. These Easy Toffee Bars were the perfect addition! Seriously, they take about 5 minutes to whip up, 15 minutes in the oven, and about a half an hour to cool and set up.
I ended up making a double batch because we needed quite a few and several bars seemed to magically disappear when my boys were hovering around the kitchen… It’s a mystery.
So let me tell you what I love about these bars. They’re easy. So easy. Butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, flour. Boom! The topping is melted milk chocolate chips and pecans. I have been known to use Hershey’s bars in place of the chocolate chips if I have some on hand. Always a good call!
I used pecans because we have some raw walnut allergies in the family but walnuts would also be delicious in this recipe, or even sliced almonds! Yum!
I like to score the bars while they are still warm but you can skip this step if you like. I just use my pizza cutter and it makes the cutting of the bars easier later on. Your call.
I like to cut the bars into squares and then cut the squares in half. I think they’re easier to hold and they look super cute like that on the cookie trays.
Easy, right? Definitely add these to your to-do list!
Easy Toffee Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or 3 Hershey's chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or your favorite nut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in flour and salt.
- Press dough into prepared baking dish and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and return to the oven for an additional minute.
- Remove from the oven and use an offset spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the top of the bars.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Use a pizza cutter to score into bars and then let cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, remove from the pan and cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container.
More bars to try!
For all fudge recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!