These Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas are so easy to make and are perfect for a crowd OR an easy weeknight dessert. Fresh strawberries, strawberry cream cheese and chocolate are wrapped in a tortilla, fried to a golden brown and rolled in cinnamon and sugar – totally irresistible!
The boys have been back in school now for four days and we are finally starting to find our “new” school routine. Bryce is now in school for a full day which is both sad and exhilarating for me at the same time. I thought I was going to have so much time I wouldn’t know what to do with myself, but I’m finding that the hours pass really quickly…sometimes, too quickly 🙂
I will say this, shopping by myself is a new and luxurious activity that I have quickly come to appreciate. It’s actually possible for me to both MAKE and then LOOK at my shopping list while in the store. Amazing.
You’re gonna wanna get out that shopping list right now and put a few key ingredients on there so you can make these Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas…tonight if at all possible.
These sweet chimichangas were inspired by a local Mexican restaurant that we like to go to. The kids meals come with cinnamon-sugar tortillas that my boys just inhale. I thought I would make them a little more adult-friendly while still making them irresistible for my boys. Mission accomplished.
I layer strawberry cream cheese spread, fresh strawberries, and a chocolate spread (think Nutella, Hershey’s, etc.) inside each tortilla. Wrap it up just like a burrito and then pan-fry the chimichangas in butter. The final touch…rolling the chimichangas in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Yeah. All kinds of awesome.
My secret ingredient is the new Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread from Challenge. It’s pretty much the best thing ever. Made with real, fresh strawberries (the only strawberry cream cheese on the market that is) and colored using beets rather than a dye, it has 20% less sugar than competing brands. So wonderfully creamy and delicious – just like you’d expect from Challenge.
Not only are these chimichangas great for an easy weeknight dessert but they are perfect for any type of gathering. They are equally good warm and cold and the presentation is just oodles of fun and so pretty!
You can serve the chimichangas whole or cut in half or thirds for a party. The perfect sweet treat for all occasions!
More Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake
- Strawberry Shortcake Roulade
- Mini Strawberry Pies
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Strawberry Pineapple Cake
How To Make Cheesecake Chimichangas
Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces strawberry cream cheese spread or plain cream cheese
- 1 cup chocolate spread Nutella, Hershey’s, etc
- 1 pound fresh strawberries trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow plate or bowl. Set aside
- Spread two tablespoons of the strawberry cream cheese down the center of each tortilla.
- Divide strawberries equally and place on top of the cream cheese.
- Top with two tablespoons of chocolate spread.
- Fold the two sides of the tortilla in and roll up just like a burrito.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Place chimichangas seam side down and fry just until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Brush the ends of the chimichanga and any parts that did not get browned with additional melted butter. (This will help the cinnamon-sugar mixture to stick.)
- Roll the chimichangas in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until fully coated.
- Drizzle with additional chocolate if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Disclaimer: As an Ambassador for Challenge, I was provided product and compensation for this post by Challenge Dairy, but all opinions are, as always 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love and that make Mom On Timeout possible!