Delightfully easy Chocolate Dipped Mint Shortbread Cookies are perfect for the holidays!
If there is one thing I love more than peppermint during the holidays, it has to be mint. Well, I don’t know, maybe they’re equally awesome. I tend to go a little overboard during the holidays because I want to make EVERYTHING. Twice.
Cookies, candies, all.the.fudge. It’s Christmas! Live a little!
After I made the cookies I got all crazy and decided to trim them before dipping. Not required. At all. If you like to add more work to your Christmas planning, be my guest. I think the untrimmed ones looked equally as pretty.
These Chocolate Dipped Mint Shortbread Cookies were so fun to make that I decided to make a video…my very first one! Be gentle please 🙂
I learned a lot doing this video. One: I have no patience. Two: I still have the ability to learn new things. Three: I kinda actually sorta LIKED making this video – so expect more to come!
I hope you’ll give these easy shortbread cookies a try this holiday season!
Chocolate Dipped Mint Shortbread Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in butter. You want very fine crumbs.
- Stir in extract and food color (if you want) and use your hands to knead the dough until it comes together and forms a ball. This will happen. Don't give up! Work the dough JUST until it comes together - you don't want to over-work it.
- Knead in the Andes chips.
- Shape dough into a log about two inches in a diameter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for two hours or up to 72 hours.
- Cut slices of cookie dough about ¼ inch thick.
- Place about a half a cup of sugar in a bowl and coat the cookie slices with sugar.
- Place cookies on baking sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes or just until cookies are set. Do not over bake. I pull mine at 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for several minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Let cool completely. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Trim edges of cookies, if desired.
- Melt chocolate chips and vegetable oil together in the microwave. Heat on high for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip the completely cooled cookies into the melted chocolate and place on waxed paper to set.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set.
- Store in airtight container for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
More mint madness!
Connect with me!