Indulge in these outrageously decadent Chocolate Mint Fudge Crumb Bars for the ultimate chocolate and mint treat!
I can’t believe we’re closing in on the end of February and I have yet to share a single chocolate mint recipe with you yet! I have been remiss! What kind of blogger am I? A very busy one as of late 🙂
But I’m going to make up for it today. Today I’m sharing a chocolate mint recipe to TOP all chocolate mint recipes. It’s got it all: oodles of chocolatey goodness, fresh mint flavor, easy handheld bar form, and a crumb base and topping. You’re welcome.
I love St. Patrick’s Day because I like to make rainbows out of my food and because I think it’s super important for everyone to have some green in their diet…am I right?
I kind of went a little crazy with these bars using two of my favorite mint candies – Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips and Dark Chocolate Mint M&Ms. I know, get the milk ready. I started with the Andes but because the green is hidden I relented and added mint M&Ms to the top of these bars. #notabadchoice
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that these just may become your new favorite chocolate mint dessert. Of course, I know you’ve got lots to choose from years past like these Chocolate Covered Mint Patties or these Chocolate Mint Brownies or perhaps this Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball.
I just had the most amazing idea! How awesome would it be to throw a St. Patrick’s Day party and have an entire dessert table devoted to chocolate and mint treats? Of course, make sure to note on the invites that everyone brings their stretchy pants…;) #soworthit
Need more ideas? Check out this chocolate and mint roundup here.
Well now that your mouth is watering…sorry about that!
How To Make Chocolate Mint Fudge Bars
Chocolate Mint Fudge Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks - softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 1/2 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Mint Baking Chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in flour and salt until nice and crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cups of the crumb mixture and press the remaining onto bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine sweetened condensed milk and bittersweet chips in a microwave safe dish and heat on medium heat, in 30 second intervals in microwave until chips are melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over hot crust and spread until even.
- Sprinkle Andes chips on top of the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and mint M&Ms.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut into bars.
More mint and chocolate desserts!