Indulge in these outrageously decadent Chocolate Mint Fudge Crumb Bars for the ultimate chocolate and mint treat!
I can’t believe we’re closing in on the end of February and I have yet to share a single chocolate mint recipe with you yet! I have been remiss! What kind of blogger am I? A very busy one as of late 🙂
But I’m going to make up for it today. Today I’m sharing a chocolate mint recipe to TOP all chocolate mint recipes. It’s got it all: oodles of chocolatey goodness, fresh mint flavor, easy handheld bar form, and a crumb base and topping. You’re welcome.
I love St. Patrick’s Day because I like to make rainbows out of my food and because I think it’s super important for everyone to have some green in their diet…am I right?
I kind of went a little crazy with these bars using two of my favorite mint candies – Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips and Dark Chocolate Mint M&Ms. I know, get the milk ready. I started with the Andes but because the green is hidden I relented and added mint M&Ms to the top of these bars. #notabadchoice
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that these just may become your new favorite chocolate mint dessert. Of course, I know you’ve got lots to choose from years past like these Chocolate Covered Mint Patties or these Chocolate Mint Brownies or perhaps this Mint Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball.
I just had the most amazing idea! How awesome would it be to throw a St. Patrick’s Day party and have an entire dessert table devoted to chocolate and mint treats? Of course, make sure to note on the invites that everyone brings their stretchy pants…;) #soworthit
Need more ideas? Check out this chocolate and mint roundup here.
Well now that your mouth is watering…sorry about that!
Chocolate Mint Fudge Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks - softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 1 1/2 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Mint Baking Chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mint M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in flour and salt until nice and crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 cups of the crumb mixture and press the remaining onto bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine sweetened condensed milk and bittersweet chips in a microwave safe dish and heat on medium heat, in 30 second intervals in microwave until chips are melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over hot crust and spread until even.
- Sprinkle Andes chips on top of the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and mint M&Ms.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut into bars.
More mint and chocolate desserts!
For all bars recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.