Brussels Sprouts made more delicious with a creamy cheese sauce and bacon!
Side dishes can be a little boring. I put so much focus on the main dish that sides are often an afterthought. Both of my boys happen to love salads so that’s what I frequently serve with dinner. I’ve been trying to introduce new vegetables to them each week and also continually offering those veggies that they don’t L.O.V.E. at first bite. Brussels sprouts are definitely one of those veggies. I think you either love them or hate them. I happen to really love them, my husband – not so much. I think serving up Brussels sprouts with creamy cheese sauce and topping them with bacon is a great way to introduce Brussels sprouts and man are they good!
We all know that I love cooking for my family but I’m always on the lookout for shortcuts in the kitchen. Progresso Recipe Starters are available in five flavorful varieties and are a great way to save time AND add flavor to your meals. The five varieties include:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make dishes such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start delicious dishes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
I’m officially hungry! I used the Creamy Three Cheese sauce in this recipe and have my eye on the Fire Roasted Tomato- yum! I’m so excited to be able to give you an opportunity to win this awesome prize pack shown below:
- A set of 6 kitchen tools that is designed to improve hygiene and minimize the mess made by placing utensils onto kitchen surfaces during use
- Progresso Recipe Starter recipe book featuring 5 recipe ideas
- Can Progresso Recipe Starter (Creamy Three Cheese)
- Can Progresso Recipe Starter (Parmesan Basil)
Enter using the rafflecopter form and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Connect with me!
Disclosure: The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own.