These Giant Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything you could ask for in a cookie – and more!
This is my family’s favorite cookie recipe – hands down. When my husband is craving chocolate chip cookies – these are what he asks for. The baked cookies measure 4-5 inches across and are soo delicious – just the perfect cookie in my opinion. Chewy on the inside with a little crunchy goodness on the outside.
Use this dough as a starting point for making your own creations. We love to add in nuts, candies, different flavor chips – it’s fun to make this cookie a little different every time.
I make these cookies at Christmas and add some red and green M&Ms. They go in goody boxes that I give to everyone and these are ooooohhhh and aaaahhhhed over each and every time. Truly the perfect cookie! If you’re looking to make a big impression and maybe a couple friends, make sure to bake up a couple batches and spread the joy!
2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbls vanilla
3/4 c unsalted butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan out of your favorite recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery Shopping List.
- 2 c flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbls vanilla
- ¾ c unsalted butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ c white sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) and sift together. (I occasionally skip this step and they still turn out great.)
- Melt the butter and let cool slightly. The butter should be opaque.
- Add the brown and white sugars. Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Beat in the vanilla and then add in the egg and egg yolk and continue beating until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Put the dough in the refrigerator for a good hour until it is nicely chilled.
- Drop cookie dough ¼ cup at a time onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Space cookies about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies are done when the edges are golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire racks to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
More of our favorite cookie recipes:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.