This Triple Berry French Toast Casserole is going to be a new family favorite!
Incredibly easy and bursting with berry flavor! Great for breakfast or brunch, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day and more!
There’s so much to love about a French Toast Casserole it’s really hard to know where to begin. I happen to love berries so when I started developing this recipe I knew that I wanted a LOT of berry flavor. This casserole might be a little different than ones that you have seen before and is certainly different than the other French toast casseroles that I have shared here at Mom On Timeout.
This recipe is special in many ways. One, you don’t have to make the casserole ahead of time and store in the refrigerator overnight. You can if you want, but you don’t have to.
Two, this recipe uses frozen berries meaning it’s easy to make all year round. Great for Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, or any weekend you want to make the family feel special. If berries are in season, like they are now, I simply cannot resist topping this casserole with fresh berries and, of course, powdered sugar.
Three, although maple syrup is delicious with this casserole, you really don’t need it. The frozen berries combined with sugar and corn starch create their own syrup right in the baking dish. It’s incredible! Just spoon over the top of the casserole if you like. That very same syrup gets lovingly soaked into the bottom of the bread while it bakes making the most delightful bite each and every time.
Four, this casserole is dairy free! I used Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk which lends a lovely vanilla flavor that complements the vanilla extract that is used in the dish. You can of course use refrigerated or shelf-stable Almond Breeze (the coconut blend would be ah-mazing!) but I always have a carton of the refrigerated vanilla on hand. It’s great in smoothies!
Do yourself a favor and do NOT wait until the next “special occasion” to make this Triple Berry French Toast Casserole. Trust me, you’ll wish you had made it sooner!
- 1 16 oz loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 cups frozen berries (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry blend)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. set aside.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, sugar, and cinnamon and whisk together until blended.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the bread cubes, stirring to coat. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine frozen berries, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Stir to combine.
- Pour berries into prepared baking dish.
- Spoon bread over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (I use my OXO dusting wand) and top with fresh berries, whipped cream, or maple syrup if desired.
More breakfast recipes to try!
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.
Have a great day!
Disclosure: This recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mom On Timeout possible!