These Sriracha Almond Crusted Chicken Strips are the perfect recipe to spice things up for dinner tonight! Extra easy and so delicious, the whole family will love this healthy take on a family favorite! Perfect for game day appetizers too! Serve with this fresh and easy Strawberry Spinach Salad or my mom’s Broccoli Salad with Bacon!
My boys seem to be more Peruvian than anything else even though “technically” they’re only one-quarter Peruvian. By this I simply mean they like things spicy. I used to think I had a pretty high tolerance for heat until my Reece, at the age of 5, started telling me that the “spicy” salsa had no heat. #awkward
I guess I’m a wimp compared to these guys.
I’m always having to “spice” things up a bit in the kitchen to keep my kiddos interested and these Sriracha Almond Crusted Chicken Strips nailed it on all counts. Not overly spicy, but with just enough heat to keep things interesting, these chicken strips were devoured by my family.
First, I throw the almonds in the food processor until finely chopped.
Then I mix in some flour (any kind of flour works here!), garlic powder, salt and pepper. It’s the sriracha flavor that I really want to shine through. Drizzle in some olive oil and you’re ready to rock and roll.
The chicken breasts are cut into strips and then dipped into beaten egg whites and dredged in the awesomeness you see above. Now it’s off to the oven for a quick 15 minutes and it’s time to eat.
Once I’ve had my “snack” it’s time to pull those chicken strips out of the oven….glorious! The almonds create the most flavor-packed crunch imaginable.
I’m a ranch girl so I couldn’t help but dip these strips into some ranch. Reece ate his plain. Showoff.
I think the best part about this recipe is that it’s EASY. Second best is that these chicken strips make an awesome lunch, dinner or game day appetizer. Just double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
More Easy Chicken Dinners
- 20 Minute Skillet Monterey Chicken
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Cashew Chicken
- Easy Glazed Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
How To Make Almond Crusted Chicken Strips
Sriracha Almond Crusted Chicken Strips
- 2/3 cup Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1.5 chicken breasts cut into strips OR chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place sriracha almonds in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are finely chopped.
- Pour into a shallow bowl and add the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss with a fork to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil using a fork to stir as you drizzle.
- Whisk the egg whites in a second shallow dish.
- Coat the chicken strips with the egg whites and transfer to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly.
- Place the strips on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
- Bake the chicken strips until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love and that make Mom On Timeout possible!