These Sriracha Almond Crusted Chicken Strips are the perfect recipe to spice things up for dinner tonight! Extra easy and so delicious, the whole family will love this healthy take on a family favorite! Perfect for game day appetizers too! Serve with this fresh and easy Strawberry Spinach Salad or my mom’s Broccoli Salad with Bacon!
My boys seem to be more Peruvian than anything else even though “technically” they’re only one-quarter Peruvian. By this I simply mean they like things spicy. I used to think I had a pretty high tolerance for heat until my Reece, at the age of 5, started telling me that the “spicy” salsa had no heat. #awkward
I guess I’m a wimp compared to these guys.
I’m always having to “spice” things up a bit in the kitchen to keep my kiddos interested and these Sriracha Almond Crusted Chicken Strips nailed it on all counts. Not overly spicy, but with just enough heat to keep things interesting, these chicken strips were devoured by my family.
I took a cue from my Almond Crusted Chicken Strips and made these extra heart-healthy. I used Sriracha Blue Diamond Almonds – my latest obsession to get that extra kick of flavor. Perfection.
First, I throw the almonds in the food processor until finely chopped.
Then I mix in some flour (any kind of flour works here!), garlic powder, salt and pepper. It’s the sriracha flavor that I really want to shine through. Drizzle in some olive oil and you’re ready to rock and roll.
The chicken breasts are cut into strips and then dipped into beaten egg whites and dredged in the awesomeness you see above. Now it’s off to the oven for a quick 15 minutes and it’s time to eat.
Once I’ve had my “snack” it’s time to pull those chicken strips out of the oven….glorious! The almonds create the most flavor-packed crunch imaginable.
I’m a ranch girl so I couldn’t help but dip these strips into some ranch. Reece ate his plain. Showoff.
I think the best part about this recipe is that it’s EASY. Second best is that these chicken strips make an awesome lunch, dinner or game day appetizer. Just double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd.
More Easy Chicken Dinners
- 20 Minute Skillet Monterey Chicken
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Cashew Chicken
- Easy Glazed Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
How To Make Almond Crusted Chicken Strips
Sriracha Almond Crusted Chicken Strips
- 2/3 cup Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1.5 chicken breasts cut into strips OR chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place sriracha almonds in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are finely chopped.
- Pour into a shallow bowl and add the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss with a fork to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil using a fork to stir as you drizzle.
- Whisk the egg whites in a second shallow dish.
- Coat the chicken strips with the egg whites and transfer to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly.
- Place the strips on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
- Bake the chicken strips until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love and that make Mom On Timeout possible!
I just made these and they are sooooo good! Just the right amount of spice and almond coating is genius! Thank you and so glad I found these!!!
Kristina @ Fit To Savor says
These look great! Can’t wait to make my own!
Megan D says
Is this made with 1 and a half chicken breasts or 1.5 pounds of chicken breasts? I was thinking 1.5 pounds but just wanted to double check 🙂
I wonder if I could use almonds and actual sriracha sauce somehow since I have both separate ingredients 🙁
Cathy Trochelman says
Oh Trish….we would go crazy for these!!! We all love a little spice, even Nora! (“It’s okay mom….I can handle it.” ☺️)
These look totally amazing, I would never guess that they were baked with that browned and crunch crust!
Chrisy @ Homemade Hooplah says
Oh, sriracha – what can’t it do?! These are totally my kind of chicken tenders!
Des @ Life's Ambrosia says
Wait what?! There are sriracha almonds?! That would be my absolute favorite snack. I must find these! And if I manage not to eat the entire container in one sitting, I’ll make these. They look divine!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen says
I’d love those almonds as just a snack but I bet they make the chicken even more amazing!