Let your imagination run wild with this Dark Chocolate Magic Shell! Now you can add a rich, chocolate coating to any frozen dessert! With just two ingredients, this nostalgic treat has never been easier or more delicious!
Today we will hit triple digits for the first time this year. The week of fun and sun continues culminating with an estimated 107 degrees on Friday. An encore will be held on Saturday where temps will reach 106.
You can find me blasting my air conditioning, sitting under a fan, and enjoying lots of frozen treats. Like this one…
So let’s talk about what I love about this Dark Chocolate Magic Shell…
- Soooo easy! Like two ingredients, five minutes kind of easy.
- Better-for-You treat! You guys! This magic shell is made with dark chocolate and coconut oil…you’re welcome. I mean, antioxidants and nutritional benefits galore!
- Insanely delicious. Yeah. You’re going to want to put this on ev.er.y.thing. And you should…see #2 above 🙂
I am worthy.
I mentioned the two ingredients before, right? Chocolate and coconut oil. Couldn’t be simpler. Now after microwaving do not, I repeat DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
This magic shell concoction is shelf stable. I pour everything into a glass canning jar, put on a lid and put it next to the sprinkles, er, my other healthy toppings.
Once dipped or spooned or poured, the magic shell sets up within seconds. My boys ooh and ahh over the magic of it all.
The chocolate will go from super shiny to matte and that’s how you know it’s perfectly set up and ready to bite into.
How To Make Magic Shell
Dark Chocolate Magic Shell
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips 9 oz
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe container.
- Heat on high heat for 30 seconds, stir.
- Heat on high heat for an additional 30 seconds, stir.
- Heat on high in 15 second intervals until mixture is completely smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use. Spoon magic shell over any frozen treat. Let sit for 10 to 15 seconds until the shell hardens.
- Store for up to 6 months.
For all chocolate recipes, go HERE.
For all frozen treat recipes, go HERE.
Have a great day!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Weight Watchers Ice Cream.