This Butterscotch Peanut Butter Oreo Fudge is pure magic and EASY too!
Hi everyone! This is Dorothy from Crazy for Crust. I am sooooo excited to be over here hijacking Trish’s blog today. I’m super jealous that she’s on a Disney Cruise and I’m not, but I think I’ll forgive her for not taking me with her.
Trish is a super good friend of mine (we’ve even traveled together and survived – a feat for anyone traveling with me, just saying!) and I was so excited when she told me this week was FUDGE week. I knew I needed to bring my A-game for a post for her, because she totally knocked it out of the park for me last July. She made me a Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Pizza and OMG I was jealous she didn’t bring it over to my house with her post.
Now the first thing I think of when I think of Mom on Timeout is Reese’s. Why? I have no idea (wink, wink). But I know Trish loves her Reese’s, so when I saw a bag of mini Reese’s Pieces I grabbed them right from my pantry. And then this Butterscotch Peanut Butter Oreo Fudge was born!
Something I love about fudge is that it’s so easy to make new flavors out of whatever you have in your kitchen. I always make “easy” fudge, you know, the kind made with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk (SCM). Really, if you have some sort of chocolate or other flavored chip and a can of SCM, you can make fudge.
After I found the Reese’s Pieces I started thinking about what else would go good together. I had some Peanut Butter Oreos that were screaming at me from the back of the pantry so I grabbed those too. Oh yeah, I said Peanut Butter Oreos. You’ve seen them, right? They’re right next to the regular ones. They’re beyond good!
Anyway, I had Reese’s and peanut butter Oreos…and then I grabbed the butterscotch chips. You know that butterscotch and peanut butter are like, BFFs, right? That’s probably one of my most favorite flavor combos.
This fudge comes together so fabulously easy. All you do is melt the butterscotch and white chocolate chips with some SCM. Once it’s melted you stir in the Oreos and Reese’s Pieces. You could add regular Oreos. Or peanut butter cups, Or sprinkles. Or…whatever. Sky’s the limit!
The hardest thing about making this fudge is waiting for it to cool and harden so you can eat it.
But it’s worth the wait. This fudge rocks!
Butterscotch Peanut Butter Oreo Fudge
- 14 Peanut Butter Oreos coarsely chopped
- 11 oz butterscotch chips 1 package
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk 1 can - I always use fat-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini Reese's Pieces plus more to sprinkle on top
- Line an 8x8" pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. You can also use a 9x9" pan, but your fudge will be thinner than shown.
- Place butterscotch and white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, chopped Oreos, and 1/3 cup mini Reese's Pieces.
- Pour into prepared pan, spread to fill and sprinkle with an additional handful (or two!) of the Reese's pieces, for garnish.
- Let come to room temperature, then chill to set. (You can also just leave it out over night to set, if your house isn't too hot.) Slice into squares and serve.
- Makes about 36-48 squares, depending on size.
Thanks for reading! Come and see me sometime!