Two of my favorite holiday flavors come together magnificently in this exceptional Peppermint Eggnog Milkshake!
Woohoo! Peppermint season is here and I am SO ready for it! ! I love, LOVE making recipes with peppermint because they smell so amazing and taste like Christmas. As soon as the first carton of Eggnog hit the shelf a few weeks back, I brought it home and paired it with the fantastic flavor of peppermint.
I wasn’t sure what was going to happen. I mean, sure, alone, these are two of my favorite holiday flavors but together…?? I just didn’t know.
It took all of one sip of this Peppermint Eggnog Milkshake to transport me straight to bliss and then a few more just to really “get” the flavors together and then just a few more for good measure… And then Bryce took the shake from me, finished it off and promptly asked me to make up another one :)
It’s good people.
When you can make something that just tastes like it BELONGS to the month of December in all of 1.34 minutes – why wouldn’t you? I used Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips but you could substitute in crushed candy canes if you’d like. The candy cane stirrer is a must though. I won’t budge there. That was Bryce’s favorite part…picking up the candy cane and licking the eggnog shake right off of it. Yum!
I’ve got more peppermint on the way soon! Tell me, what’s your favorite way to enjoy peppermint during the holiday season??
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream OR eggnog ice cream OR peppermint ice cream
- 1 cup commercially prepared eggnog
- ½ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract (optional - for those who love peppermint)
- 1 candy cane (stirrer)
- 1 candy cane crushed (optional)
- Combine ice cream, eggnog, baking chips and extract in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass, sprinkle with crushed candy canes and add candy cane stirrer.
- Serve with a smile.
More holiday goodness:
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.