The BEST brownies I’ve ever had and they just happen to be naturally gluten free! Made without any flour, these Fudgy Toffee Flourless Brownies are naturally gluten free and are going to blow you away! So rich, so fudgy, and absolutely BURSTING with rich, chocolate flavor! A secret ingredient is the key!
If we’re going to be friends, there’s one thing that you must know about me: I love brownies. Seriously, I can’t think of a more decadent and satisfying treat – especially if you’re a chocoholic like I am. The idea that some people out there might have to forgo one of the greatest desserts of all time seriously breaks my heart.
It simply won’t do.
I’ve had gluten-free brownies in the past and let’s just say I’ve been less than impressed. Sure, they might do in a pinch, but when one is craving a fudgy, rich brownie, well, only the best will do. I certainly don’t want to mess around with avocados and gluten-free flours, I just want a rich, chocolate brownie that doesn’t even remotely taste like it’s gluten-free.
Enter the best brownies I’ve ever had and they just happen to be gluten free. #winning
So here’s the deal. There is zero flour in these brownies. None. Nada. Not even gluten-free flour. I used cornstarch to give these brownies life :) The cornstarch acts as the gluten in this recipe, adding chewiness and overall structure to the brownies.
I am not even kidding when I say these are the richest, fudgiest, most amazing brownies I’ve ever had. Ever.
If that doesn’t convince you to give them a try, I give up :) Make a gluten free friend happy today!
I added some Heath toffee bits to the brownies because, well, I’m addicted to those things. You could substitute in nuts if you’d like or omit entirely if toffee is not your thing. (Who are you???) I’m seriously going to be dreaming about these brownies for daaaayz. LOVE.
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper leaving an overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Melt in 30-second increments, on high heat in the microwave, stirring in between. (It took 1 minute total for my chocolate to melt.)
- Stir in sugar and vanilla until completely combined.
- Add eggs one a time, stirring in between until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir vigorously until the mixture is smooth and begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. This will take one or two minutes.
- Stir in the toffee chips.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 33-37 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let brownies cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Use the parchment paper overhang to pull the brownies out and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Love brownies? Try some of my favorites!
For all fudge recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.