Tis the season for peppermint and sweets! You can have the best of both with this Practically Perfect Peppermint Fudge! Just a handful of ingredients and five minutes are all you need to make this pretty and festive fudge!
For the past two weeks I have been slowly sneaking in Christmas decorations into our house. First, I bought new Christmas stockings and because, duh, it seemed ridiculous to pack them in the garage only to pull them out a month later, I hung them up.
Next I found myself buying a couple items for my desk area, you know, to get me in the holiday spirit. I hung up a sled on the wall, bought candy canes, and then next thing I knew I was making Practically Perfect Peppermint Fudge.
Y’all! This is the BEST time of the year! I am so in the Christmas spirit and I know that Thanksgiving isn’t until next week but I just.can’t.help.it.
Last week we picked up Operation Christmas Child boxes at our church and the boys and I had so much fun shopping and filling eleven boxes this year – a new record for us! We also hit IKEA hard for Operation Bear Hug at school and the boys brought in ten new stuffed animals of the drive. Best part? Bryce told me that it makes his heart feel good when he does things for other people. << That is the Christmas spirit I’m talking about.
More than anything I wish I could make up a batch of this fudge and ship it off to each one of my loyal readers – you know who you are! This fudge just screams Christmas and tastes just like it.
This is an easy fudge recipe (chocolate + sweetened condensed milk) and with the addition of crushed candy canes and peppermint extract, it’s truly exploding with the perfect peppermint flavor.
So pretty and festive – it truly will make the holidays bright! Make up a batch to share with friends and family this holiday season!
- 24 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy or candy canes, divided
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square pan with non-stick foil and set aside.
- Combine white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt in a medium bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the crushed peppermint candy canes.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining crushed peppermint candy canes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
More peppermint treats!
For all fudge recipes, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
Sign up to get emails when I post new recipes!
For even more great ideas follow me on Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter – Bloglovin’.