My boys are really into superheroes. Like, REALLY into superheros. I’m sure many of you moms with little boys can totally relate here :) We have everything – masks, capes, toys, figures, and they still can’t get enough! Reece had an Avengers party for his last birthday and of course my boys were super heroes for Halloween!
We love creating recipes with a superhero theme and these Captain America cakes are just perfect! We made these for our last Avengers party and they were a huge hit. Of course Memorial Day is coming right up and these would be perfect for that as well! Totally easy to make and boy were they fun to eat!
I love having fresh fruit during the summer time. It’s the perfect way to enjoy something a little bit sweet!
- 2 pound cakes (I used Sara Lee)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbls powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- fresh blueberries
- Slice the pound cake into even slices. Use a circle cutter to cut out a circle from each slice.
- Beat the heavy cream in a chilled bowl just until soft peaks form. Add in vanilla and sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks from.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream on one pound cake and layer with blueberries and/or strawberries. Add another slice of pound cake and repeat.
- Use the blueberries and strawberries to create a design on top if you desire.
We love making “super hero” food and here are some more ideas:
Also make sure to check out my Disney Pinterest Board for more inspiration and fun ideas!
Connect with me!