Fun Earth Day Activities the whole family will enjoy!
I’ve come up with the following ideas for ways that your family can celebrate Earth Day together:
- Make a game out of timing water usage – ie. baths, showers, brushing teeth, etc. Try to beat it the following day.
- Grow a garden – Earth Day (or any day really) is a great time to get started on your garden. Help your children choose seeds and plants that will flourish in your garden.
- Make an effort to catch unused water in a pitcher and use it to water your garden.
- Take a walk and find some leaves, twigs, rocks and start a collection.
- Walk instead of drive. Somewhere. Anywhere.
- Make a bird feeder out of a can.
- Decorate a canvas re-usable grocery bag and then use it!
- Make a play-doh earth (you could even make your own play-doh!)
- Make bottle cap magnets.
- Gather up recyclables in your house and take your children to the recycle center. Let them ask questions and learn about the process.
- Take a walk and help clean up your neighborhood – bring a bag (and gloves!) and see what a difference your family can make.
- Gather up the family and head to your nearest garden center (preferably on bike). Let your kids pick out a plant or seeds that they can plant when you get home.
Here’s some other Earth Day posts you might be interested in:
Connect with me!