Summer is still in full swing at our house. Yesterday consisted of hours of fun at our local splash park followed by a play date with Reece’s best friend Abby. It was absolutely a delight watching the kids enjoy the cool water on such a warm day. They wrapped themselves in towels and were rolling down hills at the park, running the bases on the nearby field, and having such fun just being kids in the summer time.
Such a beautiful, fun-filled summer day deserves a refreshing summer treat – am I right? This Brownie Sundae Pie was just what we needed. The kids were out playing and it took me all of 10 minutes to pull the pie together. I had made some brownies earlier in the morning but realized that they would be much better utilized as the crust of my pie.
I know. Great start, right?
So I started with the brownie crust and things just got better from there. A caramel layer topped with some chopped pecans and then three beautiful layers of chocolate pudding and whipped topping infused with International Delight’s Cold Stone Creamery Founder’s Favorite Brownie Sundae creamer.
Have you heard of these creamers? Inspired by Cold Stone Creamery ice cream – they are a terrific way to add some yummy ice cream flavor to all your favorite summer recipes. There are three new flavors that will have us all screaming for ice cream – Hot for Cookie, Founder’s Favorite (Brownie Sundae), and Churro Caramel. Don’t they all sound fabulous??
You know what would go great with this pie??? Some ice cream! The kids wanted this Brownie Sundae Pie to really look like a sundae. Some caramel and fudge topping, a sprinkling of nuts, and a cherry on top did the trick.
Abby and Reece could hardly wait for me to finish taking pictures before they dived right in…
Now who wants to win some ice cream?
- ½ cup caramel ice cream topping (the thicker the better)
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 3 oz packages Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup International Delight Cold Stone Creamery Founder's Favorite Creamer
- Buy brownies or prepare a box of brownie mix according to package directions and let cool.
- Press enough brownies into a pie pan to create a crust. Make sure you don't leave any holes.
- Spread caramel topping gently onto brownie crust and sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Pour creamer and milk into a bowl. Add pudding mix and beat of whisk for two minutes until blended and thick.
- Carefully spread 1½ cups of pudding onto caramel topping.
- Gently fold in half of the whipped topping into the remaining pudding and gently spread over pudding layer.
- Cover with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for several hours until set. Serve cold.
Love ice cream + coffee? This summer, International Delight is bringing your favorite Cold Stone Creamery ice cream flavors to coffee and they’re celebrating by giving away five $400 grand prizes to throw this summer’s ultimate Ice Cream Social! To enter, visit the ID + Ice Cream Pinterest board and pin your favorite image using the #IScream4ID hashtag. Good luck!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Connect with me!