Crank up the heat on your grill and get ready to impress your family with these mouthwatering Rosemary Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Skewers!
My Nana was a master at fried chicken. Her signature recipe was her buttermilk fried chicken and let me tell you – it was incredible! Fall off the bone tender, juicy, and perfectly crisp. Perfection.
Sadly, I don’t have the recipe. Kinda makes me want to cry just thinking about it. My Aunt Gwen is flying in from Texas this week and I’m going to attempt to jog her memory.
I need this recipe. Badly.
Good news? I’ll totally share with you :)
More good news! I’ve got a recipe that’s going to knock your socks off and make you forget about my Nana’s fried chicken.
It’s a better-for-you, Nana-inspired recipe and my boys LOVE it! Rosemary Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Skewers. Yep. Totally a mouthful but worth every word. Chicken breasts are marinated in buttermilk, fresh rosemary, and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix.
The marinade itself is pretty rocking and smells amazing but boy oh boy when you throw these bad boys on the grill – watch out!
The chicken is perfectly moist and delicious and has out of this world flavor. I like to make up some ranch dip and while it’s totally optional, I highly recommend. Especially if you have kiddos like mine that think a world without dip would be a world they would just assume not live in.
We’re big ranch fans and there’s only one ranch for us – Hidden Valley Ranch. I keep those 4-pack boxes of both the dressing and dip mixes in my pantry – at ALL TIMES. I’m no dummy!
This recipe is great all year long but is especially ideal as we approach summer. The chicken is fabulous on it’s own, served over rice, or with a fresh green salad.
I like to make enough for leftovers because this chicken makes a KILLER grilled chicken salad the next day. Yum!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oz Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary, minced (approximately 2 Tbls)
- Cut chicken into one-inch cubes.
- Combine remaining ingredients for marinade.
- Thread chicken onto skewers (if using bamboo, soak in water for 30 minutes first.)
- Pour marinade over the chicken and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Preheat grill, and bring to medium-high temperature.
- Oil or spray the grate to prevent sticking.
- Grill skewers for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, flipping halfway.
- Serve immediately.
From dressings and dips to sandwich spreads and side dish solutions, the special blend of herbs and spices makes Hidden Valley the perfect addition to any recipe. For more delectable ranch recipes, visit www.hiddenvalley.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.
Connect with me!
Linking up at some of these parties.