Hot Fudge Recipe
This easy Hot Fudge recipe makes rich, smooth, fudgy, decadent hot fudge sauce in just minutes! Take your ice cream game to the next level with this homemade hot fudge and you’ll never buy store bought again! So much better! Yield: 2 cups
Servings 16 servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate or ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces evaporated milk or half and half
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 6 to 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder depending on how chocolate-y you want the hot fudge
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Melt butter and bittersweet baking chocolate (or semisweet chocolate chips) together in a small or medium saucepan over medium low heat, stirring frequently.
¼ cup unsalted butter, 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate
Once the chocolate and butter have melted, slowly whisk in the evaporated milk (or half and half if that's what you're using) until combined.
8 ounces evaporated milk
Whisk in the granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt until combined.
¾ cup granulated sugar, 6 to 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
Keep over medium low heat, whisking frequently, about 5 to 6 minutes until mixture comes just to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Serve hot fudge sauce warm over ice cream or allow to cool, transfer to a heat safe jar or container and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Store in fridge in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- To reheat, remove the desired amount of refrigerated hot fudge and place in a microwave safe container. Heat in 15 second increments at 50% power until warm and pourable.
- If your sauce comes out grainy, no worries, it just means it didn't get to cook quite long enough or high enough. Pop it in a blender for a minute or two and you'll be set.
Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg