Delicious, creamy Cannoli Dip is the perfect sweet treat for your next get together. Made with just 5 ingredients, this delicious dip is better than classic Cannolis and SO much easier! The perfect no bake dessert!
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese drained
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese cream cheese can be substituted
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- pizzelle cookies, graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies, broken waffle cones, strawberries, broken cannoli shells, etc.
Combine ricotta cheese and mascarpone cheese together in a medium mixing bowl and using a hand mixer, mix on medium high speed for several minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until combined and smooth. (Start on low speed to avoid a powdered sugar shower...)
Fold in all but two tablespoons of the mini chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. The dip is best after 1 hour but can be served in as little as 15 minutes if need be.
Just before serving, sprinkle on reserved chocolate chips and dust with powdered sugar if desired. Serve with desired dippers and enjoy!
- The ricotta cheese needs to be drained. My favorite way to do this is to spoon it on to layers of paper towels and press out all the moisture. You will need to do this a few times. The other way is to line a fine mesh sieve with cheesecloth or coffee filter, place the ricotta on the cheesecloth and gently press on the ricotta to let the excess moisture drain away.
- Mascarpone cheese will give the most authentic cannoli flavor but if you can't find it, cream cheese can be substituted. The flavor will definitely be different. Good but different.
- To make a lighter, fluffier cannoli dip, whip in a half cup of heavy whipping cream with the ricotta and mascarpone.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 322IU | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg