This Homemade Garlic Aioli recipe blends together with just a few simple ingredients to give you the perfect condiment! This creamy, dreamy aioli recipe is sure to be your new go to sauce! Use as a sandwich or burger spread or for dipping veggies or fries in! So good in so many ways! Yields: 1¼ cups.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves small, peeled (you can put them in whole or roughly chopped)
- 1 cup canola oil sunflower or extra virgin olive oil can also be used
Place egg, egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a jar that works with your stick or immersion blender. (You can also use a food processor.)
Pulse the blender to mix the eggs and combine them with mustard and lemon juice and also to start breaking down the garlic.
Slowly add the oil to allow the emulsification process to take place. Occasionally, lift the blender out of the mixture to allow some air to be mixed in. Continue blending. You should notice that the aioli starts to emulsify and thicken.
Continue blending until thick and emulsified. If you prefer a lighter texture, simply add more oil.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
If you love the flavor of olive oil, replace part of the 1 cup of oil with olive oil, up to half a cup.
- An immersion blender is the perfect tool for this recipe. They typically come with a cup that emulsifies the aioli perfectly.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg