Homemade Whipped Cream
This simple Homemade Whipped Cream recipe yields the most perfect, lightly sweetened whipped cream imaginable. Made with just 3 simple ingredients and ready in just 5 minutes, it really is the perfect topping for cakes, pies and ice cream!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream extra cold, can place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup powdered sugar depending on how sweet you want your whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chill the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Pour heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and beat on medium to medium high speed with the whisk attachment until the cream gets bubbly and starts to thicken.
Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
Continue beating on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form being careful not to over beat.
Use whipped cream immediately or cover and store in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or two.
- Use heavy whipping cream or heavy cream for this recipe for best results.
- Use a hand or stand mixer with whisk attachment for best results. While it's possible to whip cream with a whisk, it's difficult and time consuming.
- This whipped cream can be made up to 2 days in advance but is best enjoyed the day it is made. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 23mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg