Chicken Enchilada Soup
This easy one pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes! This soup is loaded with shredded chicken, black beans, sweet corn, and tomatoes all simmered in a perfectly spiced, cheesy enchilada broth - and don't forget the toppings!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth low sodium
- 2 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken I just use a rotisserie chicken
- 14 ounces enchilada sauce I used O Organics Enchilada Sauce
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed well, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 15 ounces can diced tomatoes fire roasted tomatoes are delicious in this recipe
- 4 ounces can chopped green chiles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature, cubed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated, about 1 cup
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese grated, about 1 cup
- cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips or strips, avocado, diced tomato, shredded cheese, green onions
Heat olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and ground cumin and cook for an additional minute.
Stir in the masa harina and cook for one more minute. Whisk in one cup of the chicken stock until well combined. Whisk in remaining chicken stock.
Add the shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, diced tomatoes, green chiles, corn, and salt and pepper to the pot. Bring the soup to a simmer over medium heat and and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to keep from sticking to the bottom.
Stir in the cream cheese until melted. Add in the cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese a handful at a time, stirring until melted before adding more.
Serve immediately with assorted toppings as desired.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 1510mg | Potassium: 773mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1243IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 378mg | Iron: 5mg