Taco Tater Tot Casserole
This Taco Tater Tot Taco Casserole is a delightful combination of classic taco flavors and tater tots! Loaded with all the good stuff like taco meat, beans, cheese, salsa, and topped with cheese and crispy tater tots, this easy casserole recipe is a dinner that the whole family will love!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper diced
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning or 1 packet
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces shredded cheese cheddar, Mexican blend, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack
- 32 ounces tater tots
- 3 green onions sliced
- toppings green onions, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, salsa, hot sauce, taco sauce, crushed tortilla chips or tortilla strips, sour cream, guacamole, olives
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large pan, brown the ground beef until cooked through. Remove beef from skillet and drain any excess grease.
Add the onions and bell peppers to the pan, saute on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
Transfer the ground beef back to the pan, along with the salsa, green chiles, taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the softened cream cheese and stir until well combined.
Spread the meat mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Pour the shredded cheese evenly across the top. Line tater tots in rows on top of the cheese until completely covered.
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until tater tots are cooked through and slightly crispy on top. Top with the sliced green onions. Serve hot as is or garnish with toppings. Enjoy!
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1280mg | Potassium: 912mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 546IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 4mg