Easy Creamed Corn
This easy Creamed Corn takes less than 5 minutes of prep and is seriously delicious! Made from scratch, this creamed corn recipe makes the perfect side dish for the holidays or your next BBQ! Extra creamy and loaded with flavor!
- 32 oz frozen corn or 4 cans whole corn, drained
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter 1 stick, cubed (I used Challenge butter)
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed (I used Challenge cream cheese)
Add corn to a 3 qt slow cooker. Add half and half, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Top with cubed butter and cream cheese.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high heat for 2 to 3 hours or low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
Remove lid and stir cream cheese and butter into mixture until combined. Taste to determine if additional seasoning is needed.
Place lid on the slow cooker and continue cooking for 15 minutes on high or until desired consistency is reached.
Transfer creamed corn to a serving dish and garnish with additional fresh black pepper and chives if desired.
- Place cream cheese, butter, and half and half in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium or medium low heat, add corn and continue stirring, frequently, until corn is heated through and mixture reaches desired consistency, 5 to 15 minutes.
You will need a 3 quart slow cooker for this recipe. I used this one here (aff link).
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 280mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 642IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg